Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

Registered
Could just be the video, but that sounds normal. Idle doesn't look bad. Compression is a touch low, but within spec. Judging by your odometer, it's time for a valve adjustment if you haven't done so already.

You say "no wheelie". What exactly happens when you try?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Valves are good. I replace 8 shims exhaust. On 2 gear full throttle and nothing :)

Registered
Any chance the clutch is slipping? Does the engine speed increase and you don't go anywhere, or is there literally nothing?

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I hear on 1.2k 1.3k rpm is missfire and 7k-10k. Is low as 600 ;p vmax is good 299. I try film it

Registered
07 zx6r 07 r1
I think there is a lot of discussions on here about the idle, mine sounds the exact same at idle when warming up, after the ecu flash and new plugs it even out.

Registered
07 zx6r 07 r1
Yeah the plugs are a b*** to get to if you have bigger hands lol. Try and get a video of what it鈥檚 doing in 2nd gear because the idle sounds normal

Registered
07 zx6r 07 r1
This prob isn鈥檛 the issue in your case but I put my baffles back in my aftermarket exhaust and the rough bouncy idle only last about 45 seconds on a cold start then it is gone. Made a world of difference

1 - 20 of 51 Posts