Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this thread is only regarding 07 and probably 08 too. I unplugged the speedo wire the other day and like mentioned in another thread that it did get rid of the lag problem but anybody notice a decrease in performance after doing so? The bike just doesnt seem to pull as fast from 5k on. i plugged back the speedo back up and it seems to pull a lot better, could just be me but anybody else notice that?
Also the reason im unplugging the speedo is not to deceieve others when i sell my bike which i intend to keep but mainly im just debating on whether to get a speedohealer for the 16t sprocket i just isntalled. from reading other threads, some people have problems with the speedohealer while others dont. Anyway was just wondering if others notice a decrease in performance after unplugging the speedo harness. thanks.

· My R1 powertool rulezzz.
237 Posts
Well I did not unplug the speedo, but I had problems after installing a speedohealer. It is kind of the same thing: the information to the ecu is different then when you have a correct functioning speedo.

--> With the speedo unplugged the signal to the ecu is zero and with the speedohealer the speed signal to the ecu is also modified. It seems that this influences performance in the higher revs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.