Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 r1, on a hard take-off the bike will cut out at a certain point in the take-off, and then pick back up again.
I've came to the conclusion that the engine starts to starve for oil and actually shuts itself down for a second to pick up oil again.
Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if so, wat was your solution?
Also would like to know about any dry sump conversions people have done. Thanks.

· Live ur passion
194 Posts
How do u know that it starves for oil ? Oil light's on ? Have u checked the oil level from the window (with bike's standing straight) ? Sounds more likely a throttle lag issue than oil leakage !

· Registered
4 Posts
Not sure if you changed your oil latley but when I bought my first bike witch was a r6 I was a dumb ass and put to much oil in and it did the same exact thing you described. I never found what exactly happened to it because I ended up selling it soon after because I didnt want to deal with it and wanted to move up to my now r1. So maybe check how much oil is in it. I wanna say I blew some oil seals some where. Maybe yours are just going bad not sure but my bike did the same thing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.