Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

Mysteriously I have had the left hand side crash mushroom dissappear.
The bike has never been dropped.
Took a few photo's to the dealer, who said they would investigate.

Phones me back half an hour later to say :
Yamaha had discomtinued the crash mushrooms, as there was a problem with them. We will fit R&G racing ones for you instead.

Mmmm Thanks for letting me know when I bought the bike from your goodselves and paid 135 pounds for the crash mushies !!!

Before and afters photos included, I hope you can all see them

Cheers

Bob Bobbling along

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:fork Dealer told me there is a known fault with them, and as a result they are now discontinued as a product, and there are no plans to reintroduce them.
Also that any claims for them on a warranty basis would be settled (Except those bikes that have tried them in anger)

Looks like the R&G ones will be getting fitted.

To be honest, Ive told the dealer he can do this work next year, as theres salt on the roads and the bike is nice and clean, and they were happy with that.

Makes you wonder what might have happened if they had been used in anger though !!!!

Cheers Bobby Bobble

·
Wanna do a track day
219 Posts
Are they they original yamaha nobs??? I Had them on My bike that was stolen recently and my dealer is meant to be putting the same ones on my new bike...:dundun: in a couple of days... Post up closer pics if you've got em plz

·
Registered
64 Posts
I kinda like that term though... haha are those the normal GYTR sliders? If so I think yamaha owes me some $$! I dont want to leave them on if they are not going to do their job...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guys, these are the ones

Sorry for calling them mushrooms !! Yes they are Sliders ::

Yamaha web link
http://www.yamaha-motor-europe.com/accessories_parts/accessories/acc_details.jsp?grpId=5005&productId=57428$2$YZF-R1&year=2007&pageNr=1&accessoryId=358557

Yamaha part number
4C8-W0741-00-00

Bobby Bobbles:fork

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dudes
They are no longer listed on the UK accessories site, have a look for yourselves :
http://www.yamaha-motor.co.uk/accessories_parts/accessories/acc_overview.jsp?grpId=5019&year=2007&productId=57559$2$YZF-R1&productIdFilter=

Just bobbing along Bob

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.