Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,
Im picking up my 08 YZF-R1 in the next few days, and im wanting to do a few mods.
I was wondering what was your opinions on the best exhaust with similar notes to the moto gp bikes.

Also does anyone reccomend any bike mods in sydney area that are not too overpriced?

· I have titanium in my bones
600 Posts
Search it up.

Lucky for you the whole "What will make me sound fast?" question has been beatin' to death and then some.

Clue of the day... you can run any '07 exhaust your heart desires on your '08.

· Draggin chest hairs since 2008
1,319 Posts
There are plenty of good exhaust choices for the 07-08 R1.

Akrapovic
Graves
Termignoni
2Brothers

I could go on for ever.

But none of the ones listed will give you the loud moto gp sound. In fact, very few will.

The ones that WILL give you that sound are the full Sato Ti. system with the optional Moto GP short canisters. This isnt the standard Sato system, the short GP canisters make all the difference. Another one that will give you the loud GP sound is the K-Factory full system with the GP canisters. And I think Arata in japan (ladybird) also does the GP canisters.

I am in the exhaust market looking for the same thing you are looking for. And these are the ONLY choices to get the sound we want. Everything else looks good and sounds good but isnt 1/4 as loud sounding.

1,319 Posts
I am saving up for mine and will have it at the end of January for sure. Heres what it will look like

:boobies :sneaky

· Twisty Roads for me!
900 Posts
I would have to Say A&R Race baffle sound the best.... I have Akro EVO II... It's not as loud as the Race baffles. I wish they were.

Stan

· Adrenaline Adicted
255 Posts
dude for sound look up BOZ BROS exhaust. Ive been debating on the boz vs. the cleaner look of the graves but Im still undicited at this moment.I wish they made the moira system for the 07 but all they have is the b2 system wich is alot bigger than what Im looking for but if you have a buddy thats a welder he might be of some help.

1,319 Posts
Boz Brothers? Hope your joking, thats the worst looking "exhaust system" I have ever seen in my life, with that 9 inch long Autozone tip LOL

J, you aint up on the Sato yet. Those are the optional MotoGP canisters. Sickness, wait until you see them and hear them on my bike

· Adrenaline Adicted
255 Posts
ur right my dude they are not the best looking nor are they best hp increase but you can't help to love the sweet sound of them and as far as sato I have seen them but i dont like the ends on the system and after spending $1600 on the exhaust its a sin to have to spend another $400 on the Moto gp canisters but if one has the cash its another alternative. Now as far as name sato means a dog that's a Mutt in Spanish so me personaly i won't even consider that exhaust unless you bought it for me then I would just sell it back to ya for a 13 hp increase exhaust like world known GRAVES! Look out PUERTOROCK at large LOL CFWTN!??<

· Registered
857 Posts
I have the Carbon Graves Cat elim. on my 07 and I love it. It sounds great, looks great, gives horsepwer and saves weight. I also got the PCIII from graves with it mapped for that exhaust.:fork

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.