Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I have a stock exhaust with two brothers slip one. What’s the best way to run a cat delete without buying a whole new system? Sorry for the ignorance. TIA

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
You can buy just a Y pipe that replaces the stock exhaust from the Exup back to your slip ons. Other option is to gut the cat but the Y pipes are pretty cheap.

·
I miss my R1
2,993 Posts
So if one replaces the cats with the Y pipe, this will obviously throw a code? Wont pass inspection (CA)?
It won't throw a code, but you may need to get an ecu flash and/or tune done after to correct the fueling afterwards.

No, it likely wouldn't pass CA emissions tests, but I have nothing to back up my suspicion.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It won't throw a code, but you may need to get an ecu flash and/or tune done after to correct the fueling afterwards.

No, it likely wouldn't pass CA emissions tests, but I have nothing to back up my suspicion.
How hard would it be to replace the cats once emissions rolls around? And are there any negative side effects of deleting cats? Like smell for example.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
It's a half hour job to swap the Y-pipe back to the stock one. Yes, there can be a fuel smell that invades all your clothing. The bike will also be louder.

On a positive note, loud exhausts are known to add to your level of coolness and the fuel smell adds to your masculinity, unless you're a lady in which case it makes you an even hotter biker chick.

Biggest positive of all is you will stop cooking your leg when slow riding on a hot day.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It's a half hour job to swap the Y-pipe back to the stock one. Yes, there can be a fuel smell that invades all your clothing. The bike will also be louder.

On a positive note, loud exhausts are known to add to your level of coolness and the fuel smell adds to your masculinity, unless you're a lady in which case it makes you an even hotter biker chick.

Biggest positive of all is you will stop cooking your leg when slow riding on a hot day.
:bowrofl:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts