Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welp...i made a thread earlier in the year about an exhaust I was getting. I did hours and hours of reading and video watching. I landed on two bros standard gold series slip ons with two bros y pipe cat delete. Lets start with noise. Loud. Unbearably loud and i love it! The sound is aggressivly deep and listening to it you can tell it means business. I installed it on a monday a few weeks ago and rode it to work. (5miles one way) No power commander, no ecu flash. If you get this exhaust, ecu flash is a must. This thing pops and backfires worse than anything ive heard. From what ive been told by flash tune, it will be good once i get my ecu back ( currently at flash tune). Temps. Wow!!!! I rode my bike back on a 20 degree day in january in SEPA and i hit the 200 degree mark on 20 degree day, i remember last summer hitting 249 250 and having to pull over to let it cool down, not no more!!! 60 degree day when i rode it with the two bros and ypipe, 163 was the highest it got! No more burning legs threw jeans! Seeing is believing for sure. Installation was a breeze. The locking system was the smoothest thing ive ever seen thus far. Everything lined up perfect and took me a half hr ( done a lot of streetbike exhausts for family and friends so im really familiar with it ). All in all, looks, sound, and im sure when ecu comes back, performance wise im very happy with my purchase and will be sure to post some really good videos this spring for everyone. Happy riding and be safe fellas

·
0-Jailtime in 2.9 seconds
249 Posts
Exhaust looks good! Most guys like shortening them to where the taillight ends, but I quite like the stock length.
I've never heard what these pipes sound like on the crossplane

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I have a very high quality canon video camera and am going to get some awesome video but let me just tell you, youtube and real life are completly different. When i first fired her up, my first impression was jaw dropping. The note it delivers is so throaty, prefect to what i was looking for and you better have earplugs at full redline because your ears will be ringing. I thought about shortening them when i installed them, but as i looked at it more, im going to leave them alone for the time being. Oh and another note i should have recorded, when you have a lid on, the noise is actually very tolerable. Its enough its not annoying, but when you want the noise, crack her open and let it happen!

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
TooHighTooFast
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing