Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
arrivederci
8,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Just look at the calendar and the events. You won't want to miss anything due to a hangover. The last couple of Conventions we have had more people upset that they missed something than anything else. You and your guest are going to have a fabulous time :fact
(sigh)

·
Forum Moderator
32,431 Posts
Roc, thank you for signing in for the Convention. It's really the time of a lifetime.

We do get a bunch of riding in as Aron213 said, so this is something to think about.

But... if GPD270 are on the same team, you are destined for failure :fact We are BIG guys, and can drink a lot of beer at the end of the day.

Do you mind if I move this to to the Convention Forum?

FACT!

·
arrivederci
8,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
let's do it then you big brutes. i'm not worried about misssing anything.

a--i won't

b--not trying to do EVERYTHING. sounds fun, but stressful at best to coordinate with my "guest" i will hand pick some things and make them priority

c--so far i'm not impressed by this so called rowdy bunch as far as......well....you know

·
Forum Moderator
32,431 Posts
LOL..... this will be fun!

·
arrivederci
8,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

·
arrivederci
8,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
^^^

·
I lead...you follow...
1,845 Posts
What about for us guys that don't drink beer (watching my girlish figure) ....is there a vodka keg??

·
Super Moderator
24,190 Posts
What about for us guys that don't drink beer (watching my girlish figure) ....is there a vodka keg??
Don't drink beer :confused:.

We have failed with this one :no

We'll make sure there is something special for you guys in a milk jug :crash

·
I lead...you follow...
1,845 Posts
Don't drink beer :confused:.

We have failed with this one :no

Yea...I cant stand the taste...I can tolerate about 1/2 a beer if a I HAVE to. Although a I had mich ultra at a party not too long ago and that wasn't sooo bad. Now give me some mixed drinks and I am good to go...

And as far as the milk jug....well I let Stormtrouper take off on that one..:)

·
Time to Ride.
1,414 Posts
A huge Irish car bomb?:dunno:

Id like to see someone drink that before it curdles:lol

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
What would give you the impression that Shane could captain a "beer drinking team"? :lolHe drinks liquor, not as filling, and gets you wasted sooner.:fact

BTW,
If I make it, count me in!:flex: If my wife is with me, who ever is on the opposing team will most certainly lose.:flush::fact

Uhhhh, whadda we "win" anyway?:dunno:lol:lol

·
Super Moderator
24,190 Posts
Yea...I cant stand the taste...I can tolerate about 1/2 a beer if a I HAVE to. Although a I had mich ultra at a party not too long ago and that wasn't sooo bad. Now give me some mixed drinks and I am good to go...

And as far as the milk jug....well I let Stormtrouper take off on that one..:)
:lol That would ROCK (again) :lol

A huge Irish car bomb?:dunno:

Id like to see someone drink that before it curdles:lol
Just a little something special. If you attend, you'll get some of it :fact

What would give you the impression that Shane could captain a "beer drinking team"? :lolHe drinks liquor, not as filling, and gets you wasted sooner.:fact

BTW,
If I make it, count me in!:flex: If my wife is with me, who ever is on the opposing team will most certainly lose.:flush::fact

A half day or more of no riding, dehydration, and a killer headache :dunno

·
arrivederci
8,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

BTW,

shane said he was up for anything. got a better idea for a captain? i dont.

a prize? hmm. what would people want? cash? bike stuff? post your ideas people

·
Time to Ride.
1,414 Posts

·
The R1 is a sexy beast!!!
930 Posts
So after viewing a bazillion photos, and hearing all about how hard the kids party at the convention......I thought maybe we could start a new tradition.
Anyone in for a keg race? :drunk:

If we get enough people to fill two teams, i will provide the beer.

I nominate shane and i captains. :dunno :flex: fire away!
I'll not be a participant, but can't wait to watch! :lol:ugh

·
arrivederci
8,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
A half day or more of no riding, dehydration, and a killer headache :dunno
why do you assume everyone will be incapacitated the day after? it's just light beer man. a snack, a couple advil and a gatorade before bed is a simple and very effective pro-active remedy. i understand if you don't care to participate--it's clearly not for everyone.....

it DOES seem as though you're poo-pooing it though. :dunno

·
Super Moderator
24,190 Posts
why do you assume everyone will be incapacitated the day after? it's just light beer man. a snack, a couple advil and a gatorade before bed is a simple and very effective pro-active remedy. i understand if you don't care to participate--it's clearly not for everyone.....

Just used to seeing the activity level after the boat party :lol People are moving pretty slow and late after that.

It's all good to me, I've been out there a bunch of times. I think this is going to be one of the most photographed and funny times out there. ALWAYS a fun time up on Shuckstack. :fact

·
Time to Ride.
1,414 Posts

maybe a beer pong or beruit tournement would be a less extreme alternative?

in my personal experience keg races usually just turn into alot of :ugh:ugh, even if you are a drinking champ

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
About this Discussion
43 Replies
15 Participants
ecuR6
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing