Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
420 Posts
Maybe no codes on the dash, but I want a clean ECU, so go to history/current and clear whatever is showing. The ECU is like compression... Check that first [a set limp] so we do not chase the tail like not check compression.

The replaceable screen is not usually the culprit. It's the larger black plastic filter housing that can't be replaced without buying the whole pump. You say rust... no power points to a fuel pump.

FI tune-up is a clean air cleaner swap, swap out the plugs, check valve lash.... that's it. How does the air cleaner element look? I'd clean the intake track, run the bike without the filter and see if there is a change. Then you can point to the element. Plugs are every 7.5/8k miles is all the iridium can muster. Very high performance, low mile plugs. Where are we with these two high service parts?

·
Banned
420 Posts
If say it's the pipe you're using, then change the pipe back to stock and see if it takes off after 10k rpm. Sounds like fuel demand. Clogged fuel pump? Code 69 is the exup?

·
Banned
420 Posts
...no it's speed sensor after burnout :) it's gone
If the sensor is gone from a burnout... you've met two types of codes on the list. Those would be;
1. Wire out of connector. Probably not.
2. Connector not connected. Here is one for it to code.
3. Short/open/signal out of range. Here is the other being the signal is no were to be seen if it's not on the bike. = Codes.

Some manufacturers use this; 'we take measures to save the engine'... and your lack of rpm might be the code set. Have to reinstall the unit and no code so FULL POWER returns... san's a swollen fuel line imploding closed.

·
Banned
420 Posts
I had this issue with my bike at just over 30,000 miles... it was 145 after 15 minutes and I had a strong odor of gas emitting from the exhaust. I know this may be a bit of work to get the cams but I believe this is the issue.

If you want to see a pic of the cam, let me know, I can post one tomorrow morning.
Don't stand in front of it, but it takes a squid to waste engine hours sitting still and not idling away as soon as it starts. And are we talking a flat cam eaten away and QC did not catch the heat treating to call a warranty? Cheeze is, Hon/Kaw/Suz/Yam in that odor?

What happened to that pride in quality? Supposedly the best fit and finish in the industry, but heat my treat to a Hon or Kawi before I put money down on this pile, 30k in? NFW!

·
Banned
420 Posts
"I have an issue on high rpm, (after I installed a pipe) she's lacking power & has flat spots. Others have said it's my fuel line but (I made no mention about the pipe and seat of the pants change so my fuel line) it is ok. I don't know what to do (short of not figuring out that day the pipe was it)?

Well, at least you came back and said what the problem was. Schooled me again about clearing codes is one... now ask if anyone has a squid item on the bike so as to the cause and effect... I bought a pipe more clogged up that the OEM, I want more power?

Signed,
And there you have it... the re-engineer my bike syndrome. Or, how to make your own problems, go ahead, stand in front of it. LOL

😎🌊 Disclaimer: Squids are highly intelligent... new word needed to define the bike fiddlefukers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts