Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, my bike has a very noticable clutch chatter/rattle when I pull in the clutch lever. When the bike is cold it takes about 2-3 seconds of holding the lever for the sound to disappear. When the bike is semi warmed up it takes less time for the sound to go away. it doesn't happen at all when its fully warmed up.
I'm familiar with the normal clutch chatter when the clutch lever is not pulled in, the bike does that aswell but it sounds like a dry clutch for a few seconds when I pull the clutch in.

I took a look at the clutch assembly, and the clutch basket seems loose(took a video of it), could this be the cause of the noise?

Also, when I took the clutch plates out some if not most of the fiber plates seemed dry. I dont see why they would be though as I rode the bike just a couple of hours before disassembling.

Link to the video

·
Registered
62 Posts
when you on N and press the clutch lever the noise up ?? and when you pull the gas or in 1 gear the noise disappear ???

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Hello, my bike has a very noticable clutch chatter/rattle when I pull in the clutch lever. When the bike is cold it takes about 2-3 seconds of holding the lever for the sound to disappear. When the bike is semi warmed up it takes less time for the sound to go away. it doesn't happen at all when its fully warmed up.
I'm familiar with the normal clutch chatter when the clutch lever is not pulled in, the bike does that aswell but it sounds like a dry clutch for a few seconds when I pull the clutch in.

I took a look at the clutch assembly, and the clutch basket seems loose(took a video of it), could this be the cause of the noise?

Also, when I took the clutch plates out some if not most of the fiber plates seemed dry. I dont see why they would be though as I rode the bike just a couple of hours before disassembling.

Link to the video
the clutch basket should not be that loose. I'd say that's your problem right there.
The clutch plates rattling is pretty normal, but I imagine with a basket that loose it would be rattling a lot louder than clutch plates would. As for how to fix it, I wouldn't know without being there to dissassemble and inspect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts