Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 09 R1 and I'm switching the stock stabilizer out with the Ohlins SD024 stabilizer. The thing is my ecu is flashed, so the question is will it work or do I have to get a reflash?

·
Super Moderator
24,042 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Is that damper really better than the stock ESD?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The question is the stock one was turned off I believe with the flash, so in order for the online to work the ECU needs to be turned on?

·
Super Moderator
24,042 Posts
If it was already turned off, then you don't have to worry about it.... It's basically not there so it doesn't matter what damper you install now.

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,144 Posts
Yes... any aftermarket mod will be hands down better than stock.
yep! correct in so many ways.. think of 'steering dampers' as you would "suspension" because they're
basically the same thing, the same principles apply. All that boils down to RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT.

the big guys know whats up, but they have specialized (testing) equipment and advanced know-how.

it goes a long way. 👺

The question is the stock one was turned off I believe with the flash, so in order for the online to work the ECU needs to be turned on?
i dont understand the last sentence. hate to ask, was that english? o_O😁

if the re-flash disabled the 'code' for a missing stock damper that just means you are not
getting a 'error' code when / if the oem is not in place. Is there one in place currently? is
there a code? if the answer is no, then dont worry about it, as posted above.

a damper does not depend on any part of the motorcycle including that of the ecu in order to function. Again, think 'suspension'.. the ecu doesnt care. slap on a proper aftermarket unit,
there's several.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts