Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed new EBC Street racer clutch kit with new steels as well.

I don't know why but the pressure plate won't sit flush and I can even pull out the front friction plate because of the gap there. Anyone know what's going on? I'm going crazy here.

Also installed some heavy duty EBC clutch springs but in order for me to torque them down they spring sit almost completely coil sprung.

I appreciate the help. I'm a zx10 guy, first time working on an R1

Attachments

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also I want to add I feel like the pressure plate can't sit flush underneath because it's sitting on top of the spider springs which are underneath the castle nut. I torque the castle not to 85 ft lb but the spider springs are still strong and I feel like the pressure place sitting on that on the inside

· Registered
16 Posts
Your last friction and clutch plate have to orient and fit in a specific way, otherwise it doesn't sit flush. Take the last two and put them inside the cover first and then make sure to hold it while you place it on the basket.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your last friction and clutch plate have to orient and fit in a specific way, otherwise it doesn't sit flush. Take the last two and put them inside the cover first and then make sure to hold it while you place it on the basket.
Thanks man. Actually today I realized I needed to orient the pressure plate one notch over, and once I did that, everything sat flush. And yes, the last clutch plate before the pressure plate is offset by one notch. The real PITA was putting that clutch cover on but it's all good now

1 - 5 of 5 Posts