Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve put a new wiring harness on my R1 due to the old one having to many problems. After install bikes seems to work fine other than no rear light or indicators the brake light works fine. On the harness on the left hand side there was a group of 5 connectors in a black case one of which I couldn’t find anything that plugs into it. Could this be my problem ? However I really did have a good look around and couldn’t find anything. Is there anything else I can try before taking all the harness out again.
Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Then it should go to another connector with a red blue wire. That will feed the plate light and the rear signals. If I understand the wiring diagram correctly.

Also, that's not six pins, FWIW.

Edit; after CAREFULLY rereading your first post, I understand that there were 5 connectors, not 5 pins. That's my bad.
So there should be something to connect it too that has a red and blue wire ?

·
Registered
'08 r1
2,664 Posts
So there should be something to connect it too that has a red and blue wire ?
Correct. If I am looking at the right diagram and I understand it correctly. You have an eu market machine, so I am not 100% sure. Your ecu pin out is different than an us ecu pin out for example.

It 'looks' like that 'should' be power for the rear signals and the tag light.

Quick question, do you have power to your tag light now?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Correct. If I am looking at the right diagram and I understand it correctly. You have an eu market machine, so I am not 100% sure. Your ecu pin out is different than an us ecu pin out for example.

It 'looks' like that 'should' be power for the rear signals and the tag light.

Quick question, do you have power to your tag light now?
What’s a tag light ? I have no rear light or number plate light or indicators but the brake light does work

·
Registered
'08 r1
2,664 Posts
A tag is a number plate. There should be a connector that looks like your connector with the brown and red wire. It 'should' have a red blue or a blue red wire in it. Just follow the harness from the tail back and you'll find it. If it's a different color, it's a Europe thing.

That connector feeds the power for the number plate light and the rear signals.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A tag is a number plate. There should be a connector that looks like your connector with the brown and red wire. It 'should' have a red blue or a blue red wire in it. Just follow the harness from the tail back and you'll find it. If it's a different color, it's a Europe thing.

Ok that’s great thank you I will have a another good look then for the one that plugs into it. It surely can’t be that far from the connector lol.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Sorry just a quick question thanks for your help I found the missing connector and now rear light works perfect. However I have a new problem the indicators on the right side do not work but the left side does. They all worked when they old loom was in.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts