Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
If it's too fast your too old
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at getting the 520 conversion. I checked out ebay and asked one of the dealers about which of theirs was a -1/+2. He stated none of them, but the closest would be 0/+5. They use it for durability, but did not have a problem sending a -1/+2 if I wanted. How much truth is there to this?

·
Banned
370 Posts
Go with -1/+2, this will give you the ability to change your gearing easily. For example, i go to two local tracks one of which I use -1/+2 and the other 0/+2. It is an easy change and the chain lenght is the same.

·
Member 1352
1,904 Posts
-1 +2 for sure...

It's what I'm running and it feels perfect:thumbup

And being able to change them out without changing the chain is a definite plus...

·
keep up!!!!!!!!!!!!
88 Posts
what yall think bout -1 +1 for an 07 r1?

·
Go in deeper come out faster
6,403 Posts

·
go go juice gonna make me win
1,067 Posts
what yall think bout -1 +1 for an 07 r1?
that's what i did. but i don't go to the track. may be nice to have a little more at the bottom, but i didn't want to give up the top end and get into high cruising revs. for a street only bike, i think it's good.

·
Banned
370 Posts
sprockets

Your gearing is based on the requirements for you bike. Its easy to calculate when you are riding on the track matching the full potential of the motor with the length of the straight. I woul say that it would depend on how fast you ride. If you are not riding faster than 150 or 160 than its only going to change the pick up of the bike. -1/+2 is a good match for the bike. If you start changing more than that, lets say -2 in the front; the bike becomes a demon. Adding more teeth in the back is something stunt riders do to ride wheelies easily. I recommend -1/+2, she will pull strong and it still gives you a good balance.

·
keep up!!!!!!!!!!!!
88 Posts
decisions, decision.

·
keep up!!!!!!!!!!!!
88 Posts
how much top end are we talking about with -1 +2 gearing?

·
The Gift that Keeps On Giving
632 Posts
what is the two up gear? 47?

and what do you guys recommend for a sprocket company?

·
go go juice gonna make me win
1,067 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.