Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just hit 10,000 miles on my r1, and iam just curious, when are things gonna start going bad? I am anal about my oil changes, and hardley ever race it. any thoughts?

·
Taming the power btwn my legs!
611 Posts
I dont have too much more than you. I'm at 14,000 miles and have no problems yet! Take care of your baby and it'll take care of you!

·
Master Mechanic
871 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it at all, there are guys with 100,000 miles on their R1's with nothing but regular maintenance.

·
we meat again
18,563 Posts
Don't worry man, 10K miles is nothing. Just do your regular oil change and maintenance, everything will be fine... :yesnod

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tubbed S-10 said:
I wouldn't worry about it at all, there are guys with 100,000 miles on their R1's with nothing but regular maintenance.
ive heard of that before

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have 20Ks on my 02, taken to race tracks.... No problem at all as long as you take care of it...:)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sorry bro but that is a dumb question.

check back when you hit 100K ,

10K is nothing.....would you be wondering if your car was gonna crap out at 10K? please....as a precisely built machine, 10K is just getting started

·
Kitty kitty... RRRR
1,712 Posts
57000 km (~36,000 miles), running hard sometimes, a lot of long distance commuting. Nothing. Runs like a swiss watch.
Only gets the tires unevenly bald from the long distance runs, though I understand that getting over 11,000 km (~7,000 miles) From D207 ZRs is quite an accomplishment...

·
Shack!!!!!!!
46 Posts
There was a california guy in motorcyclist magazine with a blue 2000 R1 that broke 100,000 miles. The amazing thing is that the valves still didn't need to be adjusted.

·
www.cycleposers.com
656 Posts
2001 Black R1 said:
So i just hit 10,000 miles on my r1, and iam just curious, when are things gonna start going bad? I am anal about my oil changes, and hardley ever race it. any thoughts?
What are you expecting will go wrong?

Remember, you didnt buy a Ducati or harley. Jap bikes really are super reliable. Just change the oil regularly and take care of it.

·
working on that new bike
4,597 Posts
just passed 16000 on 03---still runs great--anal on maintennance
my bro has over 30k on his 02--still awesome as ever

·
^I wish I was that pocketbike!
2,867 Posts
cobra-r1 said:
When you all say regular maintanence, what are you talking about other than oil change?
follow the maintenance as per the owner's manual's maintenance schedule and the bike will run forever :rock

1 - 16 of 16 Posts