Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
MY Bike Blows Me
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
just paid cash for my new 04 R1 it was 10,929.00:dollar out the door did i do good and got the color i wanted (RED):fire :jump :riding did i do good that prise was tax title and dealer set up

·
Registered
640 Posts
I believe that's good if it's including TT&L.

Plus what's even better is that you got yours now, I'm won't be here till April... :no

·
Registered
364 Posts
To have it now I would be fine with that. I will be saving more but who knows when I will get mine in.

So congrats

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
That sounds about average for what people are paying in the midwest. I think that really only the west coast is getting gouged. I ended up OTD for considerably less than that, but it is my third bike with the same dealership and sales person. Plus, I order all of my stuff from those guys. Sometimes I will order from McCoy, but usually I just show my dealership what I can get it for online and they match. Tax usually offsets shipping charges, so it all works out in the end.

·
Banned
9,570 Posts
onewheelup said:
just paid cash for my new 04 R1 it was 10,929.00:dollar out the door did i do good and got the color i wanted (RED):fire :jump :riding did i do good that prise was tax title and dealer set up
Yup, good price. Congrats!!..........:beer

·
Banned
163 Posts
dude that sucks... especially since you are driving distance to n.c. only paid 9800 otd for mine cash. you just made your dealer real happy. at least you got the bike however. dealers are full of bs and always try to rip people off with new products. congrats anyway.

·
Banned
3,449 Posts
ccrw, are you for real?!?! fck man! show me some pics of your ride and where you got that deal from! Hell, I'll fly up there to get it and ride it back! :rock

·
WUZ-UP !
4,355 Posts
ccrw said:
dude that sucks... especially since you are driving distance to n.c. only paid 9800 otd for mine cash. you just made your dealer real happy. at least you got the bike however. dealers are full of bs and always try to rip people off with new products. congrats anyway.
9800 otd.............Awesome dea........:bow Sales must be real slow thata ways..:dunno ......congrats :beer :thumbup :fork :riding

·
Super Moderator
21,669 Posts
Dealer set up/prep = B.S. I got taken by the dealer on my first
bike which was a YZF 600R for all the B.S. fees. Live and learn.
On my '03 R1 I bought back in Jan 03 I paid 8999.00 :fact I did
much better on that one.

·
Banned
163 Posts
its not that sales are slow its just you have to let these dealers know you are not going to take it up the ass. they think since its a new product they can mark it up since everyone wants it.samething happened to me in 02 with the revised r 1... why do you think at the end of the season you can get a bike so cheap.. its left over and they need to move it so they lower the selling price. they have the margin to do that because it was already marked up. at the end of the season you can typically get a left over r 1 for 8900-9000. this is the lowest i have seen them. all i did was make sure i had the cash in my hand and cut the deal on the spot. 9800 otd for my 04 is a good deal but the dealer still made money off me. i bought my silver 03 for 9300 otd. last april. once again cash in hand and right place at the right time. keep in mind these are all cash deals. i am not sure financing will be as easy. the best thing to do is find a dealer that has purchased a hell of a lot of bikes(yamaha of gastonia) "from what i was told"... . they will be the ones trying to dump them after the new hype wears down.(which it will) probaly after the zx 10&cbr hit... the r1 is great but there will be something else that is the new "thing" and effects sales. below i will list a few high volume dealers you can call them if you like. negotating is up to the individual. if you bend over and let the dealer stick you.. he will. so just take you time and shop around. it has always worked for me. yamaha of gastonia. interstatecycle 704 921- 1997// team charlottte motorsports 7043946666

·
'04 Blue Angel
20 Posts
Yes, seems like a GREAT deal, but I got mine MUCH cheaper OTD...$9150.00 plus TTL...came to a grand total of 9845.50. Couldn't figure out one thing though...the dealer charged me an additional 45.00 for some sort of "document" fee. She came from north MS...number 33 of the assembly line. And, if you are wondering she one fine blue machine!! CONGRATS to all the people getting one of these....just wait until you feel the power of these bikes...WHEW!! Will easily wheelie thru 3rd....and with a little bounce....she will lift off in 4th, but the speed is too fast in 4th for me!! ON a good note...manual says to not exceed 7K rpm for first 500 (or so) miles, which means if you follow the owners manual, you can actually cruise at over 115mph in 6th gear...BELIEVE IT OR NOT!! Just got off of mine and I was SO pleased with the bike!!

·
Banned
163 Posts
boomer 30 that is great and you are just a good example of how that bike can be purchased for under 10 grand. thats the point i am trying to make. it upsets me to see so many riders running to the dealer with their wallets open when all you have to do is shop around and be willing to possibly take a road trip. you can find a great deal. conrats boomer. you are part of the 9 grand club. hopefully it will have more members. with the exception of california cause i know you all are taking it up the ass. due to regulations out there. moved here from L.A. so i feel your pain.

·
'04 Blue Angel
20 Posts
Well, I figured the number would correspond to the VIN number...being that it has a bunch of zero's and 33 at the end. Strictly a guess though, not sure how the numbers go. Would make good sense though...:)

·
MY Bike Blows Me
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well i live in hutchinson kansas and the dealer i bought from only orderd 1 and he called me befor he orderd it and asked me what color i wanted and he got red because that is what i wanted there is something to be said for a working relationship and good sevice but im a business owner my self so i wouldnt expect anything less from a 8 to 5 yes man

·
'04 Blue Angel
20 Posts
...and oh yes, I forgot to post that I got mine in MS. I live in the very far south region of Mississippi. Like "ccrw" mentions, it deffinately pays to shop around. I found mine in Columbus, MS (which is approx 260 miles north/east of me). I went by my local dealer, and looked on the Yamaha Dealer computer, and did a search for YZFR1S, then selected my color of choice, and BAM...there she was!! I simply jotted down the phone number, gave them a call, ask if it was spoken for...they replied "nope"...so I went and got her!! In case anyone here is wondering why I didn't buy from my local dealer....very simple...Yamaha would not allocate them any...(beats me why, though). If you are interested, the dealer is "Prairie Pionte Power Sports". Very friendly dealership!! (Also, like they say, money talks...and I had 10 Grand cash with me to seal the deal!!) I have 5 riding buddies with R1's, and with the stunting we do, the little R6 just couldn't quite keep up, so I sold her and bought the R1...NO REGRETS!!!

·
MK Racers 51-50
560 Posts
New guy here!
Man that's an awesome price! My buddy has been making the calls all over San Diego and they will not let tem go for under 13,500 out the door! Back in 2000 I paid 12,800 for mine with a five year warranty. But my buddy found a dealership in LA that will seel it OTD for 11,800. We are going up tomorrow! I really have my heart set on it. Can I get some opinions!
Will

·
Registered
70 Posts
What R!WILL says!

Those quoted prices are fantasyland in Cali!

We have I think 10% of the US population here, with most of it in SoCal. While I am not proud of these facts, it does mean that there is always someone willing to pay at least MSRP, if not substantially more, for the latest cage or cycle. We also cannot bring in new out of state vehicles without paying a USE tax, etc. to register it.

Just one of the pleasures we have in the land of fruit and nuts!

Congrats on the great prices!

·
Anyone see a Honda I'm hungry
748 Posts
onewheelup said:
Picked mine up last night and they went down another 100 bucks after I got there !! I'm happy ;)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts