Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 206 Posts

·
R1SP only the best will do
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard on TV news that it is feared that maybe 10 people have been shot dead at a theatre in US at a Batman Movie :scared

·
:-)
9,482 Posts
Unbelievable. So sad.

He also set off gas bombs first.

At least they have the suspect.

·
1290!
8,635 Posts
Wtf, prayers with the families that's terrible. :(

·
DILLIGAF
4,479 Posts
14 and 50? Wtf was he using? I bet he didn't have armor on his face or legs. Just sayin. Wtf is wrong with people these days.

·
Amphibious Tinbender
555 Posts
1 rifle, 1 handgun, and "another weapon", possibly stashed in the theater before is what the news says now. Oh and it's Aurora, Colorado for those that didn't know.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
DILLIGAF
4,479 Posts
It's a permit that allows citizens that go through the proper channels and training, to carry a concealed weapon. Some states call it a CWP(concealed weapons permit). It doesn't stop anyone from obtaining a weapon if they really want one. However, it can allow someone in possession of a legally carried firearm to stop someone, that is using an illegally obtained firearm, from taking innocent lives with said firearm.

·
R1SP only the best will do
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's a permit that allows citizens that go through the proper channels and training, to carry a concealed weapon. Some states call it a CWP(concealed weapons permit). It doesn't stop anyone from obtaining a weapon if they really want one. However, it can allow someone in possession of a legally carried firearm to stop someone, that is using an illegally obtained firearm, from taking innocent lives with said firearm.
Sounds good in theory, but the crims could have one too so they could carry weapons as well until ready to use it. I think that with so many guns in the US this sort of crime will always be around. It is no good to be able to carry a weapon on you in case the other person gets hold of it after he knocks you over the head or similar. I feel for all the innocent people who are so vunerable by just going out to the flicks or dinner. :shake

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Sounds good in theory, but the crims could have one too so they could carry weapons as well until ready to use it. I think that with so many guns in the US this sort of crime will always be around. It is no good to be able to carry a weapon on you in case the other person gets hold of it after he knocks you over the head or similar. I feel for all the innocent people who are so vunerable by just going out to the flicks or dinner. :shake
Hypothetically speaking, if a criminal decided go to a venue where there were a fair amount of people (let's say more than a hundred), and 90% of those people were armed, do you think the criminal is going to think twice before he tries to pull a fast one on somebody? Absolutely. Unless that criminal has a death wish.

·
Premium Member
13,935 Posts
Hypothetically speaking, if a criminal decided go to a venue where there were a fair amount of people (let's say more than a hundred), and 90% of those people were armed, do you think the criminal is going to think twice before he tries to pull a fast one on somebody? Absolutely. Unless that criminal has a death wish.
How many other people would get shot in the crossfire if even 10% of that 90% decided to pull?

Ban guns full stop. Get caught carrying one, get life or the death penalty if that's what you intend to sentence others to.

Spend more money building prisons which will in turn create jobs and get those who can't follow simple rules off the streets.

·
Born Again Patriot
4,232 Posts
There is no "but". The criminals do have the guns, they will always have the guns. When you take guns away from law abiding citizens ONLY the criminals have guns leaving law abiding citizens defensless.

In Norway, guns are only allowed for hunting and sport shooting. Civilians may only transport firearms unloaded and not on your person. 69 people were shot and killed on Utøya Island. How many lives could have been saved if there were just a few carriers present?

How many other people would get shot in the crossfire if even 10% of that 90% decided to pull?

Ban guns full stop. Get caught carrying one, get life or the death penalty if that's what you intend to sentence others to.

Spend more money building prisons which will in turn create jobs and get those who can't follow simple rules off the streets.
You're imagining 20 people pulling their guns and commencing to 'spray and pray'. It doesn't happen that way. That is a cartoonish scenario.

As I said above... criminals will always have guns. If criminals are facing a life sentence for carrying, imagine how many police officers will be killed by gun carrying criminals trying to avoid getting caught. Banning guns leaves the criminals armed and law abiding citizens defenseless.

The United States has 5% of the worlds population yet 25% of the prisoners. We don't need more prisons.

There will always be nut jobs that want to kill. Guns are only one means of doing so. Take away guns and they will find another way. Anyone with any understanding of explosives can build a bomb. Directions for a cell phone detonator can be found on You Tube. I would rather have the chance to defend myself against a gunman than be blown up by a guy sitting at home on the couch.

1 - 20 of 206 Posts