Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

181 - 200 of 206 Posts

·
INSTIGATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
22,029 Posts
Does anyone know if this guy left and returned thru the emergency exit at the front of the theater near the screen itself? Idk about any of the other Internet tough guys on here(sarcasm) but this one would have definitely noticed that shit. I notice when people quietly run up and down the side isles while I'm sitting in the middle of a dark theater. Perhaps my situational awareness is just that good or perhaps I'm just that paranoid. And fvck that little "no weapons" sign at the front door. It's concealed for a reason. I would gladly deal with the concequences of breaking that rule if it means possibly saving someone's life. "Internet tough guy"....out. :lol
Yes he propped open the emergency exit by the screen at the back of the theater where his car was parked. Growing up in a gang infested environment situational awareness was kinda self taught so yeah i'm a little paranoid anywhere I go. See ya later internet tough guy :lol

·
22,029 Posts
No doubt about it, I completed all the requirements for my FID card on February 26th and I'm still waiting on the detective to schedule my 2nd appointment to get my card. My record is clean too!!!!

Edit: I wasn't following up very often at the beginning but within the past 2 months I've been calling and leaving him voice messages every week. I even seen and spoke with him at the 4th of July fireworks and he said he'd get me in the following week.
Holy crap, I would have no patience with that process. Good Luck.

·
DILLIGAF
4,479 Posts
Yes he propped open the emergency exit by the screen at the back of the theater where his car was parked. Growing up in a gang infested environment situational awareness was kinda self taught so yeah i'm a little paranoid anywhere I go. See ya later internet tough guy :lol
So he basically left and returned right in front of everyone's eyes? That's some crazy shit right there. Great, now I won't ever be able to really enjoy a movie with my family because I'll be too busy watching everyone else and those damn exit doors. :shake

·
"It was me!!!"
3,072 Posts
This morning on the news the showed Obama saying

"I don't know why gun owners need AK-47's they should be for the military only."

BULLSHIOT.. I own 2 AK47's and I LOVE them.. I have put more ammo through them than any other weapon I own. Why do I need one.. Because I just might feel the need to load mine up and go out and shoot the thing.. thats why!!

This kind of BS is going to be the end of our second amendment rights..

Does that IDIOT think that putting a ban on AK 47's would have stopped this crap from happening?? God that is the STUPIDEST thinking I have ever heard of.. maybe we should just ban action movies because they cause people to come in and kill people... Free country my a$$! :fact

·
22,029 Posts
So he basically left and returned right in front of everyone's eyes? That's some crazy shit right there. Great, now I won't ever be able to really enjoy a movie with my family because I'll be too busy watching everyone else and those damn exit doors. :shake
It's not so bad really, I always sit at the back in the middle so I can see everything. Now instead of going to see something the day it releases I wait a week or so for the crowds to die down.

·
"It was me!!!"
3,072 Posts
None of those situations are very different except for the fact that the few people who can lawfully carry were disarmed by the gun free zone in place at the theater. Those examples from the article I posted all dealt with public places where people were nice and relaxed but those normal people took action when the shots rang out and did what was needed. Your argument is still invalid.
We went and saw the movie at our local theater.. I have been to that theater a few times.. I NEVER noticed a sign saying it was a gun free zone.. but we started talking about it (Yes I was carrying) and someone pointed out the sign on the SIDE WINDOW.. little tiny sign about 2 inches tall.. nowhere near anywhere I would see it when I came in..

I think if some nutcase came in and started shooting people and I pulled out my weapon and stopped him dead.. do you really think the theater owner would press charges against me for carrying in his gun free zone??

At out theater I could Easily argue the sign was not easily visible.. and besides.. whatever charge they could come up with is way better than me and my family being dead because I followed the rules.

·
22,029 Posts
We went and saw the movie at our local theater.. I have been to that theater a few times.. I NEVER noticed a sign saying it was a gun free zone.. but we started talking about it (Yes I was carrying) and someone pointed out the sign on the SIDE WINDOW.. little tiny sign about 2 inches tall.. nowhere near anywhere I would see it when I came in..

I think if some nutcase came in and started shooting people and I pulled out my weapon and stopped him dead.. do you really think the theater owner would press charges against me for carrying in his gun free zone??

At out theater I could Easily argue the sign was not easily visible.. and besides.. whatever charge they could come up with is way better than me and my family being dead because I followed the rules.
You could push that if you wanted but it depends on your state cc law. They have those same signs in theaters here but within our cc law they have to display a specific state sanctioned sign to prohibit lawful carry so in essence they are breaking the law with their dumbass sign and i continue to carry.

·
DILLIGAF
4,479 Posts
It's not so bad really, I always sit at the back in the middle so I can see everything. Now instead of going to see something the day it releases I wait a week or so for the crowds to die down.
Oh I was just kidding. I always sit where I can see everything in every situation that I can. And I hate going to movies when they first release. Damn crazy fans all over the place. :lol

·
22,029 Posts
Oh I was just kidding. I always sit where I can see everything in every situation that I can. And I hate going to movies when they first release. Damn crazy fans all over the place. :lol
:thumbup :lol

·
Super Moderator
45,336 Posts
I thought one does shoot firearms???:dunno

Maybe you can dig with them, use them as planters next to the tires in your front yard, or possibly make them into a banjo for ya?:)
You are worse than a dumb blonde. "shooting" means target shooting in the context he was using, not the act of firing a weapon at somebody. If you weren't so voluntarily dense, you could read between the lines to see that what he is saying is he's all for the 2nd Amendment in reference to hunting and <target> shooting. He is also saying that an AK47 shouldn't be so easy to get, which sounds noble, but what he means is that you shouldn't be able to go to a gun store, get checked out, and be able to buy one. He wants more background checking (which will lead to waiting periods and probably fees, etc.... whatever it takes to dissuade people from buying weapons) and probably special licenses, tax stamps, etc... to be able to get guns like an AK-47.

·
Venom GA state lead.
4,070 Posts

Here in GA I think they have to see it and ask you to leave and if you don't you get popped for criminal trespass. Sign means nothing. I'm with you though. I ignore that shit because:

A). My self protection and the protection of my family is more important to me than someone elses misguided self dillusions that no weapons signs make the place safer.

and

B). I don't want my shit stolen from my car. Or if I'm on my bike I have no where else safe to put it. Criminals have enough guns they don't need mine.

·
Born Again Patriot
4,232 Posts
Here in GA I think they have to see it and ask you to leave and if you don't you get popped for criminal trespass. Sign means nothing. I'm with you though. I ignore that shit because:

A). My self protection and the protection of my family is more important to me than someone elses misguided self dillusions that no weapons signs make the place safer.

and

B). I don't want my shit stolen from my car. Or if I'm on my bike I have no where else safe to put it. Criminals have enough guns they don't need mine.
Damn skippy!
Pretty much the only reason I'm getting a CCW is for places that won't let me open carry.

·
Super Moderator
45,336 Posts
After all the weird coincidences with the Colorado Movie Theater "incident" and Batman... Now check this out.

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message2083415/pg1?regp=bm9fMTM1NTc4NjQwNg==

Assuming that is legit, and not a photoshop or anything else, and having read some of the comments in the link posted, what makes them think this was a signal of what happened, and that the ahole Lanza didn't see this in the movie and recognize the name as a school, THEN decide to go massacre a bunch of people for whatever reason?

·
Living Life Like a Mad Man
1,003 Posts
I looked at that scene just to make sure, something is there Im not sure if it is legit "Sandy Hook", but I agree with KMac on this one. It seems more plausible that the shooter may have seen this as a sign to do what he did, than it being a sign that the makers of batman had anything to do with it.

·
Rebel w/ a Cause
21,162 Posts
That Forum got me thinking all crazy, u think Something like this could be planned out to push an Agenda no matter how horrible and horrendous the acts of evil where? But as long as The end result is achieved it doesn't matter the path?

·
Venom X/O
23,657 Posts
That Forum got me thinking all crazy, u think Something like this could be planned out to push an Agenda no matter how horrible and horrendous the acts of evil where? But as long as The end result is achieved it doesn't matter the path?
I.e still being in Iraq?

181 - 200 of 206 Posts