Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 206 Posts

·
R1SP only the best will do
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Seems a lot better in OZ since they banned most guns, even though I still have a rifle & license I haven't fired a weapon in 30 years. I don't think I would like people walking around with concealed weapons, but I do understand your way of thinking.

·
INSTIGATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
22,029 Posts
What the mutha fuk man :shake Glad we have signage rules cuz our theaters have weapons prohibited sign but they are not legal and I carry anyway. RIP to the deceased.

·
90% INDESTRUCTABLE
15,284 Posts
That is fvckin sad...poor kids. What the fvck is wrong with cunts!

·
fly low live high
160 Posts
sad! prayers wont do much though... anyways, bet you theyre putting cops and metal detectors in theaters now, locking all the e exits etc...

·
Premium Member
13,935 Posts
There is no "but". The criminals do have the guns, they will always have the guns. When you take guns away from law abiding citizens ONLY the criminals have guns leaving law abiding citizens defensless.

In Norway, guns are only allowed for hunting and sport shooting. Civilians may only transport firearms unloaded and not on your person. 69 people were shot and killed on Utøya Island. How many lives could have been saved if there were just a few carriers present?

You know how many adults were on that island? So you want to arm kids too?

Naive.

You're imagining 20 people pulling their guns and commencing to 'spray and pray'. It doesn't happen that way. That is a cartoonish scenario.

Okay, so 20 people stand up in a dark cinema, teargas or whatever it is in their eyes and they're all going to hit one gunman stood in the middle of the seating with pinpoint accuracy?

Just because those people may have passed a calm CCW test does not mean they're all trained snipers with the calm needed to do that. Likely at least half of them would yes, spray and pray in a blind panic.

Naive.

As I said above... criminals will always have guns. If criminals are facing a life sentence for carrying, imagine how many police officers will be killed by gun carrying criminals trying to avoid getting caught. Banning guns leaves the criminals armed and law abiding citizens defenseless.

The United States has 5% of the worlds population yet 25% of the prisoners. We don't need more prisons.

There will always be nut jobs that want to kill. Guns are only one means of doing so. Take away guns and they will find another way. Anyone with any understanding of explosives can build a bomb. Directions for a cell phone detonator can be found on You Tube. I would rather have the chance to defend myself against a gunman than be blown up by a guy sitting at home on the couch.

See this is the problem, there's no argument against thinking like that because you're so blinded by the fact that you can already carry a gun, and you're in the situation you're in, that you can't see it would have been better had the problem not been 'allowed' to get to the point it's at already.
Seems a lot better in OZ since they banned most guns, even though I still have a rifle & license I haven't fired a weapon in 30 years. I don't think I would like people walking around with concealed weapons, but I do understand your way of thinking.
Exactly. It's got better.

We don't have anything like the problem here because the consequences of carrying a firearm illegally are so high, and the cops aren't armed with guns.

Anyway, this is a pointless argument so I've said my piece, it is what it is sadly.

·
Born Again Patriot
4,232 Posts

We don't have anything like the problem here because the consequences of carrying a firearm illegally are so high, and the cops aren't armed with guns.

Anyway, this is a pointless argument so I've said my piece, it is what it is sadly.
Ok :thumbup

·
Hope is what makes us Human.
8,425 Posts
See what happens when they cast out Robin...

·
22,029 Posts

·
22,029 Posts
That's craZy white people for ya

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
:shake really? People were killed. I don't care if you're just joking, it's not a laughing matter.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Maybe if they were wearing hoodies and carrying a can of ice t it would be ok to joke about it.....

·
22,029 Posts
Maybe if they were wearing hoodies and carrying a can of ice t it would be ok to joke about it.....

You're bringing race into a pre meditated act of violence? :shake Get over yourself

·
Super Moderator
45,331 Posts

Your way of thinking, and your countrymen, used to be able to make the rules here. Then we got guns. :fact

21 - 40 of 206 Posts