Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

161 - 180 of 206 Posts

·
INSTIGATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
22,029 Posts
You're just realizing you made the wrong assumptions about people and that you aren't the only person that hasn't been through some serious shyt in their lives.

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
You're just realizing you made the wrong assumptions about people and that you aren't the only person that hasn't been through some serious shyt in their lives.
Ya, thats it. Like you said I know nothing about you, you know nothing about me. But, unlike most of the people on the internet, I dont talk about my life story and act like a tough guy because Im behind a keyboard (not talking about you, just in general). And to sit behind keyboards and act like they all have the solution to what happened, they dont. I guarantee you 99.9% of everyone talking about CCW woulda changed this or CCW woulda changed that or whatever are full of shit. People are always so gangster when they are on the internet. My dick is 12" long and Im faster than Rossi around the track.

·
Super Moderator
45,336 Posts
Im all for the CCW permit, but all of you saying this never would have happened if someone had a gun in there are nuts. Unless you are a highly trained military, police, SWAT or whatever, odds are you would have panicked and not known what to do. You all can sit there and talk all big how you woulda done this and you woulda done that, but in reality you prob woulda shit your pants and not known what to do at that moment in time. Same with all these people writing articles about this issue. I was at Columbine when it happened, its a whole different story when your actually involved in the middle of everything and not behind a TV or computer screen to analyze it first.
bullsheot. There's news stories practically every week of people of all ages, sexes, backgrounds who use their personal weapon to protect themselves or protect others. You're the one who's nuts.

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
bullsheot. There's news stories practically every week of people of all ages, sexes, backgrounds who use their personal weapon to protect themselves or protect others. You're the one who's nuts.
Oh Im not saying it doesnt happen. Im talking about this incident, people are sitting there relaxed in a movie theatre eating their popcorn and watching a movie and a guy opens fire with a AR and a shotgun, a little different than someone just sneaking into your house with a 9mm.

·
22,029 Posts
None of those situations are very different except for the fact that the few people who can lawfully carry were disarmed by the gun free zone in place at the theater. Those examples from the article I posted all dealt with public places where people were nice and relaxed but those normal people took action when the shots rang out and did what was needed. Your argument is still invalid.

·
Super Moderator
45,336 Posts
Oh Im not saying it doesnt happen. Im talking about this incident, people are sitting there relaxed in a movie theatre eating their popcorn and watching a movie and a guy opens fire with a AR and a shotgun, a little different than someone just sneaking into your house with a 9mm.
I think you're making way too many assumptions of what people will do based off of what happened at a high school with a bunch of minors. The people who will/can react to something like this are generally older, more mature, and aren't gonna care if it's in a theatre, an internet cafe, their own home, a church, or anywhere else.....they just do it.

As far as somebody there stopping this, I've already said that throwing the tear gas cannisters in was a game changer IMO. Between the initial shock, the pandemonium, the gas, the gunfire, the dark environment, etc... it would have been extremely difficult to be able to realistically take that guy out. That doesn't mean people would not have been willing and able to do it, only that the task itself was going to be difficult and risky. Unfortunately, the guy had a pretty damn effective plan for what he was doing.

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
Kmac, I agree.

Id like to know how many of the people in this theatre were allowed to carry, but didnt because of the gun free zone. That would be interesting.

·
Super Moderator
45,336 Posts

·
Born Again Patriot
4,232 Posts

·
4,089 Posts
I don't know if it has been on the news, but there were 6 or 7 off duty police officers in the theater when it happened. They were armed and in uniform too. I am not sure if they were in theater 9 where the shooting took place or just in the cinema complex. I'm from Aurora and my dad is an Aurora Cop. I lived and he still lives about 5 miles from the theater and this was the theater that I would go to watch movies. He wasn't on scene at all because he recently had neck surgery and is on light duty.

It's their policy that they are to shoot on site any attacker like this, but the guy was taking his "armor" off and didn't have his weapons on him when he tried to sneak out the emergency exit where the cops who were already there stopped him. He didn't resist at all so they didn't shoot him. My dad wasn't happy about that.

·
22,029 Posts
They couldn't have been in theater 9, all of them would have tried to lay him out the second the gas was thrown imho.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Yes, calling for the ban on assault weapons is as fundamental 2nd Amendment support as there is. :dundun: Same goes for his attempt to dictate that hunting and shooting are really what the 2nd Amendment is about.
I thought one does shoot firearms???:dunno

Maybe you can dig with them, use them as planters next to the tires in your front yard, or possibly make them into a banjo for ya?:)

·
Born Again Patriot
4,232 Posts
Is it that difficult for you to have a civic disagreement?
Name calling ...now thats ignorance.
'Ignorance' is an adjective, not a name. Thanks for proving my point. :thumbup

·
22,029 Posts
:hammer:

·
Registered
2,963 Posts

·
DILLIGAF
4,479 Posts
Does anyone know if this guy left and returned thru the emergency exit at the front of the theater near the screen itself? Idk about any of the other Internet tough guys on here(sarcasm) but this one would have definitely noticed that shit. I notice when people quietly run up and down the side isles while I'm sitting in the middle of a dark theater. Perhaps my situational awareness is just that good or perhaps I'm just that paranoid. And fvck that little "no weapons" sign at the front door. It's concealed for a reason. I would gladly deal with the concequences of breaking that rule if it means possibly saving someone's life. "Internet tough guy"....out. :lol

·
R1, "One Hell of an Addiction"
14,032 Posts
little edit for you
Since law abiding citizens have to undergo background checks and even still some have to wait several days and months to legally obtain a firearm laws are written to punish the lawful and not the criminal.
No doubt about it, I completed all the requirements for my FID card on February 26th and I'm still waiting on the detective to schedule my 2nd appointment to get my card. My record is clean too!!!!

Edit: I wasn't following up very often at the beginning but within the past 2 months I've been calling and leaving him voice messages every week. I even seen and spoke with him at the 4th of July fireworks and he said he'd get me in the following week.

161 - 180 of 206 Posts