Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

· INVICTUS
15,201 Posts
WTF do you expect when the guy proposes the crap and then gets hosed on it by other legislators. Then when he's down and out in his hole of shame , he gets a ride along with FHP and a bucket full of proof to take back to the senate to show.

If you want to blame anyone for this legislation , blame each of the idiots in the footage and anyone else you know who rides like them.

All this "Oh poo , I'm so innocent crap" , does'nt match the proof this guy has on tape to show the people who are gonna hammer the sheot out of riders.

http://video.nbc6.net/player/?id=188989

· My Twins took all my money
2,465 Posts
It's bargaining it always starts off high. None the less, we knew something was coming. I expect to see something similar in California with hooligan bikers shutting down freeways themselves so they can stunt.

Now remember they're going after excessive speeds and stunting. So those that ride with the flow of traffic (under 90 mph) will be fine. Oh and don't flip your plate.

· INVICTUS
15,201 Posts
It's bargaining it always starts off high. None the less, we knew something was coming. I expect to see something similar in California with hooligan bikers shutting down freeways themselves so they can stunt.

Now remember they're going after excessive speeds and stunting. So those that ride with the flow of traffic (under 90 mph) will be fine. Oh and don't flip your plate.
Nah, not this guy, he's going straight for the throat. He had a meeting with ABATE , because they were concerned over the legislation and made it clear that exactly as you speculated , he's going for those on speed trips and stunters.

· Forum Moderator
32,955 Posts

· INVICTUS
15,201 Posts
and more fatalities.
Not just that , but it plays right into their hands by justifying the action. If you pay attention to what Lopez said in the vid "We need to get their attention."

If more folks run it'll imply that even this is'nt stringent enough. If this does'nt work , look for much worse to follow.

· 18x HP literbike killer
3,787 Posts
This guy has been stirring up a lot of shit lately...with motorcycles....I agree that stunting on the streets is a problem, that's fine, so speeders in cars too should face the same penalties......10 yrs revocation is is f*cking rediculous, i know guys in NY that killed people and were out in 7 or 8 yrs...this guy needs to be stopped, i heard he was trying to outlaw sportbikes in FL...he should bother pedophiles or the real scum of society...some of these politicians are morons...:saw:

· Habitual Speeder
809 Posts
You can't discipline what you can't catch, its just going to make more people run. I'm not normally one to run, but knowing your licence is gone for 10 years and they take your bike, I'd be running like I was on fire.

· Speed Is My Life...
271 Posts
what idiots...if you make running a better choice than pulling over and taking a ticket, there are going to be a lot more down riders than if you just let them goof off and a go on with their ride. I could understand this kind of law for repeat offenders; but for the guy who just bought his first 600 and may do a wheelie by accident a 10 year suspension and jail? WTF? this s*#% is ridiculous.

· Blah Blah Blah
237 Posts
This guy has been stirring up a lot of shit lately...with motorcycles....I agree that stunting on the streets is a problem, that's fine, so speeders in cars too should face the same penalties......10 yrs revocation is is f*cking rediculous, i know guys in NY that killed people and were out in 7 or 8 yrs...this guy needs to be stopped, i heard he was trying to outlaw sportbikes in FL...he should bother pedophiles or the real scum of society...some of these politicians are morons...:saw:
I agree with this guy. Occasionally, I see people in all kinds of vehicles speeding. Also, people burning rubber and chirping tires when they slam gears is, to me, the same as popping wheelies or stunting. In either instance, if the driver were to lose control, and smash into someone else, would you want a 3000 lb. car or a 400 lb. bike to hit you? If they try to persecute sportbike riders, they'd have to do it to all. This world is way to politically correct for any legislation that singles out a group of people. This won't fly.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.