Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wt22yOctwk

Hopefully somebody is in the same boat as me, wondering how the A&R Motorsports exhaust baffle kit sounds in different circumstances. All I could find before were a couple high speed flyby videos, and some rev-up videos. I decided to throw together a before/after video of some mostly normal riding. For the price, I don't think it can be beat.

side note: been lurking here since July when I picked up my second Yamaha, but first liter bike - 2013 R1!

· Registered
125 Posts
Good stuff mate, thanks for making the vid. I wish someone made one for 08... TBH it does not seem like the de-baffled pipes are that loud. I mean, the sound is defo deeper but judging from the vid, there is not that much more actual volume. Or am I making stuff up now?...

Oh, and welcome to the forum! ;)

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good stuff mate, thanks for making the vid. I wish someone made one for 08... TBH it does not seem like the de-baffled pipes are that loud. I mean, the sound is defo deeper but judging from the vid, there is not that much more actual volume. Or am I making stuff up now?...

Oh, and welcome to the forum! ;)
Thanks! It's just hard to tell from camera audio compared to actually hearing it. It IS definitely deeper and it is significantly louder. I'd say it's on par with a crossplane with regular slip-ons. I actually jumped in my garage a bit the first time I started it after installation. The stock cans are incredibly quiet, maybe too much so.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.