Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got the ecu back and put into the bike. Starts in A mode. Idle isnt much different at all. Biggest difference in throttle. Its just wow! Power is on demand and a lot of it. Engine brakin is a lot worse than it was. Its impossible to let go and coast now. It will throw u forward. I dont like that part at all. The bike is much quicker now. I opened her up on the bypass and i looked down and it was at 165mph in no time. Shifting feels smoother also. And if anybody knows what im talking about when i say this, the bike around 5k rpm had a slight studder and it kicked and bucked a lot. Flashing got rid of all that. All in all im satisfied.

· Devils never cry
228 Posts
Nice, my bike also has a surging/studdering issue under 5500rpm. I'll be sending my ECU in to SBU soon. Question, you say engine breaking is worse, did you opt for reduced engine breaking and they messed it up or you just left that option blank?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.