Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple times now while riding on the surface streets @ about 35-60mph as im coming to a light ill kick it down into neutral and coast to the light. Lately it keeps dying when I do that. Anyone have similar issues..??
Mods:
Ecu flash
Two brothers 3/4 exhaust
520 conversion with Sprockets changed -2/+1

·
Premium Member
12,334 Posts
I’d want to firstly state that putting your bike in neutral is something dangerous that new riders tend to do. You want to stay in gear until completely stopped and your surroundings are potentially clear of any danger. I can go on and on about why but I’m sure others will.

Your issue could be fueling. You could be very lean within your cruising RPM range, possible kinked fuel line, etc, etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’d want to firstly state that putting your bike in neutral is something dangerous that new riders tend to do. You want to stay in gear until completely stopped and your surroundings are potentially clear of any danger. I can go on and on about why but I’m sure others will.

Your issue could be fueling. You could be very lean within your cruising RPM range, possible kinked fuel line, etc, etc.
Ok. I was under the impression that it was a spark plug issue..I was told to spray water on the headers to see if one is running cooler. Or is that incorrect information? I could check the lines on my way to the plugs. I do spit flames about 2ft out the exhaust but supposedly it's flashed correctly..idk

·
Premium Member
12,334 Posts
Ok. I was under the impression that it was a spark plug issue..I was told to spray water on the headers to see if one is running cooler. Or is that incorrect information? I could check the lines on my way to the plugs. I do spit flames about 2ft out the exhaust but supposedly it's flashed correctly..idk
You can check the spark. That’s fine.

I suspect fueling.

·
Astronomer not Astrologer
10,796 Posts
Popping is generally a lean condition. Who did the flash?

·
Astronomer not Astrologer
10,796 Posts
Off throttle needs tuning Stat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts