Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious, the service manual pic that says there are 2 different oil levels in the forks. Is this for the kyb forks or the ohlins forks?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Actually.. i can't find anything about 2 different oil levels. says 114mm yet there is that warning that says each fork leg has different amounts of oil. Can anyone comment on this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Talked to dave moss, said hes done a ton of service work on these forks and always used the same level of oil in each fork without issues. Even he thought the warning in the manual was odd. Works for me... lol... Carry on folks. :p

·
2016 R1
217 Posts
Talked to dave moss, said hes done a ton of service work on these forks and always used the same level of oil in each fork without issues. Even he thought the warning in the manual was odd. Works for me... lol... Carry on folks. :p

Dave Moss is the man. Any time he touches my suspension I’m amazed at how the bike rides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
385 Posts
Dont use KYB fork oil level settings in the Ohlins fork, Ohlins service centres will have access to the Ohlins spec card which will state the air gap to be set on the Ohlins forks. There is a big difference in the air gap between the stock KYB fork and Ohlins fork.

Mark @ ssr-suspension.uk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts