Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· big tracks scare me
8,580 Posts
Seeing it live, I STILL hate it. The red one that had the tinted screen looked fugly. The R1M is not bad but fcuk that shit. Dash seems bigger in all the pictures/videos but in reality its pretty small compared to aftermarket dashes. Maybe it needs to grow on me but not my liking even in person.

· R1 Forum Star
16,242 Posts
Seeing it live, I STILL hate it. The red one that had the tinted screen looked fugly. The R1M is not bad but fcuk that shit. Dash seems bigger in all the pictures/videos but in reality its pretty small compared to aftermarket dashes. Maybe it needs to grow on me but not my liking even in person.
How's it look from the back?

Cause that's the only part you'll see of it when I get one :lol

· Tin Foil Hat
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

How's it look from the back?

Cause that's the only part you'll see of it when I get one :lol

The bike is stupid light, compared to the 09-14. Everyone that I was with said the same thing as well. Does feel to sit a tad higher than the 09-14 though.

· kickin' at the darkness
10,318 Posts

· Build Quality Police
923 Posts
The bike is stupid light, compared to the 09-14.
The 09-14 is not a very good reference because it was an overweight pig already when it was released. Though, according to the people involved in the factory racing project, the 15 is about as lightweight as the commercial material says. This time, no BS numbers from Yamahas marketing dept. On the scale, it is just a hair under the 2014 BMW and 2014 Kawasaki.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.