Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NGK 95399 SILMAR9B9, they are the only 95399 SILMAR9B9 can't see the point of and the motor is basically oem besides the velocity stacks and flashing to justify the race ones. The mapping with the race tools was a disaster, so went to my old map and it was tweeked to suit the exhaust can and the velocity stacks. They didn't suit it on that map it had on but they suit the map old now, the midrange is a lot stronger and goes through the rev range much quicker and smoother. Had to buy two new licences, but learned a lesson there. It don't stall no more at slow revs, I knew it wasn't the fuel filter. I just thought if I got to go thru all that to get to the plugs, I might as well putt something that will last for a while. I would use Brisk that I use in the Aprilia, but I had more figures on the AFR, plus they foul up easily as i found out with the Aprilia, which was running 13/1 AFR and I don't want to go to hotter on the plugs.

The R1 is pretty quick now, hot it booked for 6 days in Spain on Euro trip, be nice to have it on track again after all this time. It's funny how a former BSB rider who made me those velocity stacks said it was running too rich low down, and he was dead right. I didn't have the trailer to take on the dyno, so just thought I would try the original map I bought it with, maybe later on, but it is quick and much easier to ride. Any help with plugs would greatly appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Hooli, I would probably agree with you, but I would like to give them a try.
The velocity stacks made a big difference, but like Andrew said it took another map, had to junk the the Seton map.
Bike not stalling and it revs so quickly, very pleased with them. Yes them plugs probably won't make difference, but I use Brisk in my Aprilia rsv factory and it runs better, but we are talking a different type of plug.
The bike has not run better since I started modding it , got there in the end, so we will see. Made a few mistakes mapping and the flash being one of them, every day is a schoolday 🤯
See what happens in Spain 6 at the six day trackday. My mate sold his Aprilia within a few couple of months and bought a SP1 Ducati, now he's just picked up an SP2.
It's just a bit of fun for us old boys after racing two strokes in our younger days. He said I can have go on it, I might but it is an expensive bike, should have had a go on that R1 he had with a Nova lite gearbox, pfm brakes, race ti akra, with a kit loom and loads more. So this time I think I will have a go, just for the experience if nothing else ✌🤝👍

1 - 7 of 7 Posts