Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Banned
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changing my 15' R1 front sprocket to -1 in front... Pulled off the sprocket cover and found a huge nut staring at me. I don't have a socket big enough to fit it. Wondering if anyone has changed front sprocket on 15' R1/M and knows the exact socket size for the nut? I have to go pick one up, and don't want to buy the wrong size. Help!

· Build Quality Police
923 Posts
You have got the sprocket cover off, but you are too lazy to measure the nut yourself...???

· kickin' at the darkness
10,318 Posts
30mm likely yeh, you'll need a torque/impact gun to get that fvcker off though, unless you've got a good length handle on a wrench n' a buddy to help you keep the bike steady...

they can prove a PITA to get off on some bikes

· Greenfield, MN(55357)
1,171 Posts
The front nut has two tabs bent down to lock the nut from coming off... what did you all use to pry those two tabs up?
I used a small flat tip screwdriver to lightly pry each of the two tabs up a bit. Before doin this that nut was not budging,even with my impact... :surprise:

-John

· I'm an Englishman in WI.
33,912 Posts
Don't believe the front sprocket is the same as earlier models. (Even taking into account it's a 525)
Remember something a while back about having to reverse it an earlier model one and even that was quite right spacing wise. :dunno
Make sure it a true, developed for the 15, front sprocket.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.