Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I prefer slip ons so I can keep the cats and not have a super loud bike. I'm not looking for more horsepower, just a bit more sound and looks. But the oem heat shield only works with the oem exhaust and once the oem exhaust is removed a slip on has an unfinished look. This is kind of a bummer. Looks like I will have to see if I can justify buying a akrapovic.

Attachments

· Banned
518 Posts
I Agree! Every slip on option except the Akrapovic looks like unfinished. I paid almost $19,000 for my 15' and the last thing I want to do is mess up the lines with a thoughtless slip on. I'm keeping my cat as well, but would like a little more exhaust note, sub $800 range. Is it to much to ask for a well thought out and asthetically pleasing heat shield to tie everything together? I'd even settle for one than uses the stock heat shied.

· Registered
95 Posts
So why not try my mod that I posted on the stock can. I have bad cops around and I'm chuffed with the sound I got cutting 5". And that saves me 1083 AUD on the akro. May upgrade one day, but paying 25k for a bike and having to spend more for what should have been in the first place, not this jedi

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.