Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum, so I’m sure this question has been asked countless times(sorry for the repeat question).

I’m looking for peoples opinions on the best GP style exhaust for a 2018 R1. I was thinking about Austin Racing, but heard their welds fail?. Also was thinking about SC Project, but some people are saying they are too loud. I love a nice loud clean sounding pipe. But if the SC are being banded from tracks in the southeast, they might be too much noise. I also heard that the SC looses mid range power.

I love the way the GP style exhaust look. I’m not trying to find a extremely loud slip on and go. I do care about the bikes performance. I know I’m not going to be winning any MotoAmerica races, but I don’t want to spend money to loose power. Any help from you guys would be awesome. Thanks. God bless!

·
Pays for everything. EVERTHING
1,959 Posts
Fwiw; I loved my Austin Racing gp on my Super Duke, they sound amazing and their weld quality and customer service is top notch.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Graves has theirs that you know delivers power. They do not put out exhaust that are not a decent improvement.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk
graves has a GP exhaust ? When I think GP I think underbelly but I’m a newbie also so ???

·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
2,206 Posts
graves has a GP exhaust ? When I think GP I think underbelly but I’m a newbie also so ???
They do not have a gp version for the 15+

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
I am new to the forum, so I’m sure this question has been asked countless times(sorry for the repeat question).

I’m looking for peoples opinions on the best GP style exhaust for a 2018 R1. I was thinking about Austin Racing, but heard their welds fail?. Also was thinking about SC Project, but some people are saying they are too loud. I love a nice loud clean sounding pipe. But if the SC are being banded from tracks in the southeast, they might be too much noise. I also heard that the SC looses mid range power.

I love the way the GP style exhaust look. I’m not trying to find a extremely loud slip on and go. I do care about the bikes performance. I know I’m not going to be winning any MotoAmerica races, but I don’t want to spend money to loose power. Any help from you guys would be awesome. Thanks. God bless!

i just bought a mint condition 2016 with a 3/4 competition Werkes it sounds mean AF ! It is loud but a baffle insert isn’t available to go inside it. I am gonna either sell this and purchase the same exhaust in black or switch over to Austin Racing GPR1 in black if I find out it is a lot louder than this competition Werkes. Would you be interested in buying my Competition Werkes in stainless (pictured above) ?

·
Super Moderator
24,549 Posts
Another vote for Graves. Here's my 15 R1. It's perfect in every way, great sound and great construction with laser welds that don't fall apart.

huron right.jpg

·
Registered
54 Posts
My favorite gp style exhaust goes to the SC Project GP70-R in carbon fiber. Unfortunately, they do not make it for the R1... If I ever have some extra money to blow, I will buy a universal one and get it welded to some titanium headers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts