Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks,
This past weekend I caught a teensy weensy leak in my radiator at the track. It’s a tiny little hole in the front/face of the radiator. Must’ve been some of the debris someone threw up and hit me in the neck with.
At this point I’m trending towards trying to fix with J-B Weld WaterWeld, unless someone here has a better idea. Should I solder it instead?
What say you?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had a friend with an 07 R1 that repaired the radiator, only one pannel that had been punctured and the end result was the head gasket blew. I beleive this is because the radiators have become so small chasing weight reduction that they require all of the pannels to be operational to deal with the heat, well at least in his case! he rode hard.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Howdy folks,
This past weekend I caught a teensy weensy leak in my radiator at the track. It’s a tiny little hole in the front/face of the radiator. Must’ve been some of the debris someone threw up and hit me in the neck with.
At this point I’m trending towards trying to fix with J-B Weld WaterWeld, unless someone here has a better idea. Should I solder it instead?
What say you?
I bought a sh!tty Chinese radiator for my '13 R1 from ebay and it was actually pretty good. The fans mounted where they should etc.... Normally anything coming out of the country is pure garbage but I was pleasantly surprised.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts