Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are you guys using for tires? I like the sure footed feel of the stock tire, but would be interested in feedback from those w/other tires contrast/compared.

I ride in NorCal, mostly long high speed roads. Typical ride might be Folsom, CA to Jackson, CA.

Not a commuter bike.

I haven't checked to see what the new R1 is running for tires yet.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I Run pp3 there good on slippery, surface and do good on corners. I had the Q2 and they where great on dry land but any water and sliding you go.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
The stock tire is good and feels very sure footed until all of a sudden you hit a point and she gone. The Dunlop have issues with consistency so one tire will be amazing and one will be crap and take forever to come to temp so I stopped using them. I run mostly Pirellis for performance riding but the Michelin were always my tire of choice for sporty/ commuting. The pilot powers are great nice soft carcus so you get a lot of feedback I'm not sure about now but they were making some of them with a harder middle compound for longer life. I want to say the pilot road I think it's called is more towards the commute side with sport riding in mind so they last longer but are still grippy. They keep adding new models so it's hard to keep track

1 - 5 of 5 Posts