Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember reading about the motorcycle manufacturers putting 185mph speed limiters on the liter bikes like the haybusa and zx12.Im sure these limiters will be on the zx10 and r1 and if anybody nows how to remove them.

·
G Addict
2,851 Posts
I was the first one down here to figure out how to do it on the Busa and did it for a few people. You ended up needing to fool the bike into thinking it was in 5th gear while in 6th.
Then the TRE came out and it was a lot easier to just plug it in and go. The TRE also advanced the timing in the lower gears, Hence the name TRE Timing Retard Eliminator.
After some comparos I started only doing the 5/6 gear part cause the additional advance in the lower gears was actually hurting the launches.

When the new bikes come out you can be sure guys like Ivan at Rockland motorsports should have some kind of fix.

·
G Addict
2,851 Posts
Jwcs said:
Thanks alot viper.I had the TRE on my gixxer 750 but didnt no it removes the speed limiter.
It doesnt. It only advances the timing on the 600 and 750. The 1000, Busa and ZX12 get the advance and additional peak.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts