Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well awhile back i posted a thread ( that is now lost)asking if i should sell/trade or keep my 98 r1/r7 replica that i bought. The reason i was debating this was because the motor went south on me and plus it was a old race bike that was not exactly comfortable to ride on the street. Well i have an update for you and it just goes to show what a small world it really is.

Well about 1 week ago i posted on a local sport bike forum if anyone had a 98-01 motor for sale locally and i also listed what happened to my motor. Well this guy starts posting up about to fix and what i should fix on the motor to get it back to 100%. Well he started mentioning a few things to do to the bike and everything he mentioned was allready done. So i started putting things together and realized that i heard his name before. Well after 1 private message and a phone call it turned out to be his old race bike and he was wanting to know if i would sell it back to him. I gladly said yes because 1 i could not rebuild the motor back to 100% after i found out what was in it and 2 i really didn't want to start hacking at the bike to make it more streetable when someone spent so much time and care into making her the way she was.

Now i didn't buy the bike from him but i bought it from a his lawyer that he had to give the bike to for payment which he was really upset about. So come this sunday the bike will be back in the hands of the person that built the bike and it's rightful owner. Here's a pic of the bike in question.

·
Registered
76 Posts
WOW!!!! That is so cool! Good to hear he is getting back his bike. Looks great! I think you did the right thing.

·
RANDOM VICTIM BASTARD S.O.B.
2,788 Posts
that is way cool i wish i could get back my old 01 but it is in fla i doubt i will see it again.

·
Banned
31,510 Posts
it looks awesome bro...I know another kind of like it...they look truly amazing. In fact the other one I know is on the banner of our website at MotoMummy hehe
i reckon mark will be sniffing this thread out right now!:lol

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,312 Posts
this is the coolest thread i've read in a long long time!!

that is RIGHT, JUST AND ALLL THE OTHER make you sniffle a bit STUFF riding is made of.. you just made me smile a bit..

nice ride btw... koolz yah..

·
RUSH HOUR RIDERS
2,374 Posts
Nice bike. Great story :thumbup

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.