Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone swapped a 98 to 2000 motor in a R1. I'm in the process and have noticed a few differences in the motors. The shifter linkage shaft is shorter in the 2000 motor, and there is more to the cooling system. I will post some pictures later.

Attachments

·
-NYC R1-
195 Posts
very easy, and cheap to do!! if you still need the info, i can send you the part #'s you will need to make your task very simple! have done it a few times and never a problem!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you send me the info. I'm just starting the project this week, its all torn down and noticed the differences. In the two motors so I'm at a stop now that I have them sitting next to each other. let me know your expertise.

·
-NYC R1-
195 Posts
shoot me your e-mail, and i will get you going!! may take a some time as im not at my home PC, but will send you all the info you need!!

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Whats up with the cooling system??? Im in the process of a swap right now and im having problems figuring out how that cooling system goes. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
16 Posts
hello are you still out there ? have swapped 2000 to a 98 and havein problem with speedo with the 98 speed sencer i had the revs showing on the speedo and with the 2000 speed sencer the zero comes up on speedo but dosent work and the miles dont clock up .

·
Booya
34,493 Posts
hello are you still out there ? have swapped 2000 to a 98 and havein problem with speedo with the 98 speed sencer i had the revs showing on the speedo and with the 2000 speed sencer the zero comes up on speedo but dosent work and the miles dont clock up .
Is who still where?

·
I keep blowing up my R1
490 Posts
I just did the same swap 3 months ago and everything swapped just fine other then the shift linkage and all I did there was turn around the shift bracket on the motor and it bolted up perfect.:rock

·
Registered
44 Posts
whether you go from 98-99 - 00-01 or vice versa, you need the wiring harness, motor, carbs, and speedo of the year you are going to.

So if you have a 98 and ur tryin to make it 01...You need the 00-01 harness, ecm, motor, carbs, and speedo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.