Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Is it time to Ride yet??
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys and gals, I just thought I would share this pic of my two bikes. One is being sold today(Aprilia). I just want to say that the R1 is the best bike i have ever owned. I cannot even think of another bike I would rather have than my 03'. Frank

Attachments

·
Frank the Tank RPTB
6,226 Posts
I really like the Aprilia's but don't blame you on keeping the R1, it feels so much lighter and has much more power....Twins are fun, but the heavy feeling of the Mille's are their downfall......Larry

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
6,870 Posts
Aprillia is pretty damn sweet, but I think you are making the right choice if one must go!!!

- BA

·
Registered
331 Posts
I've never ridden an Aprila...but if you were to make your decision on looks alone...I think its rather obvious that you've choosen wisely.

·
Motorcycle junky
210 Posts
Sorry to hear that you had to get rid of one.. They both look real nice. By the way.. Just was in Lynchburg on a survey job.. One of our clients (LOWES home improvement center) is moving into the abandoned building next to the KROGERS out there on rte. 29 just north of the river... I spent a week there surveying it.. I stayed in a hotel near the mall right next door to TEXAS steak house.. I wanted to try and find a Yamaha dealer there to pick up a local tee shirt (I collect them from all over) but couldn't find one. The guy at the hotel was no help either... I'll be back down there as soon as they start making changes to the building to re-survey it... Did you buy your R1 there?? If so, give me an address so I can find the shop...

·
Is it time to Ride yet??
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys I think I am making the right choice also. The twin was alot of fun but it just isn't the R1. Clay I know exactly where you are talking about. I live right up the road from the Texas steakhouse. The local Yami dealer is alright but he is alot more concerned about Seadoos than he is his bikes. I have never bought a bike through him cuz he never wanted to deal. He did offer me the 03 new he has on the floor for 9 OTD but I got a killer deal on the one I have now. Doubt he has any t-shirts though. When you are back in town come by and visit the BMW dealership I work at. It is about 5 mins from where you were staying, hell bring the R1 and I will take you on some of the best roads around,then we can have a few:beer after the ride, Frank

·
Motorcycle junky
210 Posts
R1-LBZ said:
Thanks guys I think I am making the right choice also. The twin was alot of fun but it just isn't the R1. Clay I know exactly where you are talking about. I live right up the road from the Texas steakhouse. The local Yami dealer is alright but he is alot more concerned about Seadoos than he is his bikes. I have never bought a bike through him cuz he never wanted to deal. He did offer me the 03 new he has on the floor for 9 OTD but I got a killer deal on the one I have now. Doubt he has any t-shirts though. When you are back in town come by and visit the BMW dealership I work at. It is about 5 mins from where you were staying, hell bring the R1 and I will take you on some of the best roads around,then we can have a few:beer after the ride, Frank
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL YEAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

·
Is it time to Ride yet??
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just let me know when you are coming and I will make sure I am around, Frank

·
Super Moderator
21,675 Posts
R1-LBZ said:
I cannot even think of another bike I would rather have than my 03'. Frank
I can. It's the 04.:fact J/K, your 03 looks killer. I also have a 03