Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
too old to care
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok , so I had today off from work and spent it out my favorite country roads , getting as low as I could in the corners , beautiful day for a ride. I thought for sure I just about had my knee down a couple times ,got home and took a pic of my back tire for your review.

Keep in mind that this skinny bastard is a 130/70-18 , so here we go:

Chicken strips , or not ?

Attachments

·
Newfie Assassin
165 Posts
those aren't strips, those are burgers;) just kiddin, don't use strips to judge skill, practice getting her over and next thing ya know, your deckin her out. keep up the good work, must be nice being able to ride this time of year lol

·
My R1 is SCRUMPTRULESCENT!
1,620 Posts
Just be carefull with those tires. They are sport touring tires and can and will give up with little or no warning if pushed hard.

·
2,162 Posts
Spanky R1 said:
Just be carefull with those tires. They are sport touring tires and can and will give up with little or no warning if pushed hard.
:iamwithst

i agree those tires can be unpredictable in turns of grip and warming up.... dont worry about strips and just have some fun....:riding

·
Bulldogger
5,880 Posts
Draggin knee on a sport cruiser with sport cruiser tires :confused:
Careful my friend. Glad you had a great time, ride on.

·
theoretical astrophysicist
359 Posts
Spanky R1 said:

Can agree to that...Had a ZX6 sport touring tire got her to low in a corner and she buckled...Wish I would of had known a long time ago the difference...

·
pavement tester....
7,282 Posts
I disagree somewhat... You should be careful to a point but if the tires are hot, they should hold. I've had my wife's Ninja 250 cranked WAY over and the tires squirmed some but held fine. And believe me, they are anything but streetbike tires, more like bricks on rims.

·
Bulldogger
5,880 Posts
KneeDragger77 said:
I disagree somewhat... You should be careful to a point but if the tires are hot, they should hold. I've had my wife's Ninja 250 cranked WAY over and the tires squirmed some but held fine. And believe me, they are anything but streetbike tires, more like bricks on rims.
But you rolled the dice no???

·
Registered
33 Posts
Looks like chicken breasts not strips J/K

Main thing is keep working up to it bud, I know alot of people who don't drag there knee on the street that are damn fast

·
Disturbed Riders
200 Posts
Would it matter the position you are in on the bike whether you could ever get those strips off or not? You can hang your ass off the seat and get that knee out there farther thus reducing your lean angle. At that point you would feel like or could be draggin your knee but you bike may have a higher lean angle then what you think. I have tore my chicken strips up pretty hard on my bike but am I scared to push it too far on the streets. I would love to go to a track day but knowing me I would push my bike to limit and beyond causing me to make a stuipid mistake and crash it. Have been thinking seriously about buying a 600 for track riding over the winter here.

Now if I am wrong here feel free to correct me.

Jeff

·
Banned
75 Posts
go get yourself some Diablo's.... And it's not just about draggin' knee and how quickly you can fry a tire. Enjoy the curves, atleast you've got some...

·
too old to care
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
you're right , that is a BT 45 , my first post is an error , it's a 130 , not 190 , good eye ;)

·
It's possible to push so I win
183 Posts
2MileHighR1 said:
According to "Twist of the Wrist II" the objective is to go fast around turns with the least amount of lean angle.(pages 66 through 69)
Dripping with sarcasm, I hope?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts