Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· my genius knows no bounds
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...title.

i've been told the brentune requires the o2's left in place (seems to me many ppl haven't done so) and that the pair valve system needs to be enabled, or if blocked off then at least still plugged in.

so that has me confused a bit. i'm well versed in dyno tuning but if any real tweaking is done then does the bike really need to do any fine adjustment via the sensors? and isn't it true that the late model bikes can only adjust fuel on their own a little before running out of range?

in other words, can't both of these things be sorted in the form of a really dialed in flash tune which includes dyno work?

· Registered
2020 Yamaha YZF-R1/Raven
533 Posts
I got the BT flash for my ‘20. AIS is disabled-you can leave it on or install block-offs. It required that I unplug O2 sensors. This was their initial tune-not sure if it has changed.

· Mad Thou Rider
2,832 Posts
Ive not used Brentune, but my understanding is that the 02 sensors should enable a small window of adjustment during varied riding conditions - keepng in mind that air density can change dependent upon season, temperature, altitude and humidity

· my genius knows no bounds
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive not used Brentune, but my understanding is that the 02 sensors should enable a small window of adjustment during varied riding conditions - keepng in mind that air density can change dependent upon season, temperature, altitude and humidity
right, but half the point of all this was that the non-GYTR bikes can only adjust so much..

i guess ill just take one for the team and fire off LOTS of questions to BTMoto soon, i should be getting my handheld delivered soon, its on the way.

part of the problem seems to be that they probly get 2342342343 emails per day, and not only that, most of the questions they get are probably from dumbasses. i'm a technical sort and i prefer a whole lot of detail...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts