Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Expensive Hobbies.
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this question has been asked a billion zillion times before, but I cant find any documentation. Is there a way to get the '01/'02 lights on my '00?

·
The Holy One!!
120 Posts
First off the 00/01 R1's are the same. The 02/03 tail lamps are what you are talkin about correct. Well the only option you have is to put the 02/03 tail section on your 2000. I have done this and it is a pretty easy mod just gotta make a bracket for the tail light to bolt to. The plastic bolts up almost perfect. You have any questions just email me @ [email protected]

·
The Holy One!!
120 Posts
Now don't get me wrong, its easy in the sense that the 02 plastics fit on the subframe, then from this point a bracket needs to be made for the tail lamp and the top part of the plastic. See the 00/01 tail bolts on the side and the 02/03 bolt on the top under the seat. There is some mods to do to make it work but if you have the right tools and know what you are doin its not bad. Then you gotta do some cuttin to the inner plastic so that the 02 undertail will fit. Let me know if you try it. Its goin to require some work but it looks dope when its done. Peace.

·
Registered
250 Posts
well if it fist a 00/01 it mite fit my 99. rklebler2002 post some pics and prove it. thanks we will see.

·
The Holy One!!
120 Posts
Sorry man no pics for ya to look at, anyway I have better things to do with my time than make up mods for a R1. It can be done. Peace.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts