Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
My R1 eats my wallet
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to build the motor to get 200hp out of it without going turbo or nitrous? Obviously I realize to get close to this an overbore would be required and complete rebuild, but I pretty much need to re-do the rings anyways and who knows what else. What would be required to get close to my goal?

·
Registered
322 Posts
My 99/2000 race bike is 998cc and is making 178bhp and 83ftlb's at the rear wheel.It revs to 13000 rpm.I can't find any other mods to make to it without increasing the capacity but I would have thought 200 is on the cards.Wouldn't like to say how long it would stay together though.
It's currently have a new billet clutch basket fitted after the old one disintegrated.
If you go ahead I would love to see the results.

·
My R1 eats my wallet
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found a company in Portland, OR that builds up motors and such for R1s, they had a 190rwhp stage 5 setup, but I refreshed the page and it disappeared, lol. I emailed them about it. The stage 4 kit gives you in the neighbourhood of 160rwhp. That with the turbo kit could be fun! Pretty much useless to ride after that though! Haha.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Fitting a turbo to a highly tuned N/A engine wouldn't give best results.Compression would be too high and most likely the cams too fierce.
You either do one or the other although strengthening the bottom end would be the same.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I found a company in Portland, OR that builds up motors and such for R1s, they had a 190rwhp stage 5 setup, but I refreshed the page and it disappeared, lol. I emailed them about it. The stage 4 kit gives you in the neighbourhood of 160rwhp. That with the turbo kit could be fun! Pretty much useless to ride after that though! Haha.

I live in Portland, which company are you talking about.
I could check it out for you.......

·
My R1 eats my wallet
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haha yeah I know, I went back to the site today and it was back up there, strange! So yeah, 185-191rwhp. Thats more then my goal! So for all those people take say it cant be done......there you go!

·
Wanna try?
1,544 Posts
Fitting a turbo to a highly tuned N/A engine Compression would be too high and most likely the cams too fierce.
You either do one or the other although strengthening the bottom end would be the same.
Just get a spacer plate. Cams would be fine. Bottom end may need help as R1's like to have rod issues...

·
Do or do not, there is no try
2,667 Posts
Haha yeah I know, I went back to the site today and it was back up there, strange! So yeah, 185-191rwhp. Thats more then my goal! So for all those people take say it cant be done......there you go!
I'll be the first to admit that I'm no expert on the "new math" but when I was in school 200>185-191?????????

:beer

Btw, dyno numbers mean sh!t. Before and after numbers on the same dyno, under the same conditions, with the same operator impresses me.

:beer

·
Registered
104 Posts
Oh sorry, I thought I posted a link, I guess not.

http://www.edrperformance.com/index.html

Ha ha, yup for sure those guys can do it.
They tuned my bike for me.
They do a ton of race bikes, dyno numbers are a little lower than some other places read.
So their stage 5 kit which would dyno at around 190 could well dyno at around 200 somewhere else.

EDR is a very good shop.

·
My R1 eats my gurda
423 Posts
if you want HP go get one of those big puppa bikes of 1300 1400cc and start from there.. i dont know why you would want over 140hp wich is what the bike probably gives you right now..

and for the moto gp bikes getting over 240hp... well they always get rebuilt and they probably cost more then i do a year... just think of it, ive seen moto gp used forks for 20 000$...

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
if you want HP go get one of those big puppa bikes of 1300 1400cc and start from there.. i dont know why you would want over 140hp wich is what the bike probably gives you right now..

and for the moto gp bikes getting over 240hp... well they always get rebuilt and they probably cost more then i do a year... just think of it, ive seen moto gp used forks for 20 000$...

i was just sayin....haha

champ car engines start taking a shit after 800 miles. haha

·
[VET HNTR] Can Haz Teh Win?
2008 YZF-R1
754 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, what the hell are you going to do with a 200 BHP R1? I mean, what the hell could you do on that thing besides wheelie in every gear? LOL

·
I Love Kittens
70 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, what the hell are you going to do with a 200 BHP R1? I mean, what the hell could you do on that thing besides wheelie in every gear? LOL
Stretch it and lay rubber in every gear.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.