Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

81 - 100 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
All scrubbed up and clean ready for NFR10.. Doesn't clean up to bad the ol girl..

A better shot of Big Kevs handy work

I tell ya if there wasn't so much orange peel and scuffs in my paint I'd be very tempted to keep it, it comes to life in the sun..

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
I prob could reapply the clear coat buuuut I have another scheme in mind that should look the goods..

I love the performance without the plastics.. no issue at all.. maayybe a little flighty around 200kms + but I'd say thats because of the excess weight loss on the front end.. sooo smiles all round..

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
I prob could reapply the clear coat buuuut I have another scheme in mind that should look the goods..

I love the performance without the plastics.. no issue at all.. maayybe a little flighty around 200kms + but I'd say thats because of the excess weight loss on the front end.. sooo smiles all round..
A bit late, i know, but very nice mate. Loads of work put on the bike. Bravo! Seems to me you need to have a look on this motor a bit to make it sound a bit better and smoother also if you are up for it stick a Ray stringer ram air box and some dynojet needles.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #88 (Edited)
I'm on holidays at the moment so in my boredom I went up to my workshop and finally knocked up a gauge bracket and did away with the discrete cable tie job I had before..

Apologies for crappy phone pics.

In the 3kms I had to ride to work it decided to flog down rain which sucked balls [}:)]

There is plenty of room in front of the triple and above the dominator lights

Nothing majorly fancy just some 30mm x 3mm flat bar and some 10mm roundbar, after a few little mockups it was a relatively quick and effective job.

Cleaned it up, strung it up and gave it a coat of gloss black.

And on she went, held on conveniently by the right side bar riser clamp M12 bolt.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Got me a little bit of mail today from Beowulf Uk..

Oooh Shiney..

Tired Old Radiator..

Not So Tired Old Radiator

New Overflow, cos the other one was shitting me..

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Anyhoo, I bought some Oxford Luggage for NFR, magnetic tank bag and a tail bag, but to attach it you either need luggage tie down points or not so aggressive pillion pegs..

So I decided to Make myself an Adapter Adapter Ala Matty Magoo, so that the Occy Straps would be effective with pillion pegs removed altogether..

Fabbed & Painted

Mounted

Not too Intrusive

Ignore the lonely pillion peg, an exhaust bracket will be there instead, takes 2 seconds to fit, and works well.

Also sorted my hoses for the coolant overflow and breather.

Did I mention I did it at work whilst getting paid this morning [:p], I did a few laps around the mahoosive shed at work and covered the ol girl in mud and shizm.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for sharing your build Gitzy. I am searching for an R1 at the moment with the intention of turning it into a naked slowly but surely, you've inspired me to hurry the hell up!

Beaut bike mate.

·
yield
17,851 Posts
Great work. Honestly I prefer the old coolant bottle though...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Who made the coolant bottle and where did you order it from?
Which one Mate, the black one or purple one?

The Black one is off ebay and is actually a coolant reservoir..

The Purple one is a 500ml Aluminium drink bottle from a shop called Anaconda, it was $12 and about $5 for the bottle holder.. The clear 5mm tubing is from Bunnings for about $6.

Hope That helps Mate.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
So anyway Peeps, I went for an epic drive yesterday Maitland to Albury and back 1420kms in 17 hours to pick up a practically new 06 Aprilia Tuono for my Mate and wasn't he one happy camper.. Twas quite the Road Trip I must say..

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Upon my epic drive, Mr Pav sent me a teaser shot of my tank, followed by a phone call this morning letting me know he was done with my paint , Ultra sensational news..

So here Goes..

Some progress shots..

81 - 100 of 123 Posts
About this Discussion
122 Replies
39 Participants
cyclepsycho7
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing