·
90% INDESTRUCTABLE
15,284 Posts
Looks sharp as a tack Gitzy. :thumbup

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Minor Update, got some mail today from Pro-Bolt and Oberon..

I've replaced nearly every bolt on the bike with stainless or anodized purple so not many left but the top/bottom yoke and the axle pinch bolts were bugging me so I replaced them with some tapered allen stainless items..

Also some deep purple anodized chain adjuster blocks..

Out with the Old in with the New..

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Time to get rid of the bunny rabbit ears..

No mirrors and just Rated R bar ends..

New Oberon Mirrors..

·
Registered
5 Posts
this is just such a great conversion. i bought an '00 junker like a month ago and had lost interest in it until just now.

only thing done so far is having taken off the fairings so the mechanic can look at a starting issue. my attention span is normally 2~3 months but you have inspired me sir.

if i try anything between now and then i might repost.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Cheers Mate, I'm glad I inspired you..

Well I thought I'd get off my ass and fit the new Oberon risers today..

Heres the difference between the Renthal risers I had on originally and the Oberon risers..

Renthal from top of yoke to bottom of bar = 23mm
Oberon from top of yoke to bottom of bar = 36mm

So 13mm overall rise

My little issue of using an M10 bolt with the 12mm hole I had originally drilled for the Renthal's was easilly overcome with some 10mm Id x 12mm OD x 20mm Long Brass bushes.. Easy As..

Fitted up a Treat..

Only a minor change, I only picked them up with my Oberon Mirrors as they weren't to expensive Ultimately I want to buy some BXP risers to match my front brake resi.. I do however like the new height..

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
I started my slow progress 2000 R1 streetfighter build last year. As the bike is my daily rider(the supercharged Saleen gets all of 15 miles to a gal if I'm lucky), I only get to tear deep into the bike when I have both money and time off from work(or a rainy week). Things like paint will involve both a chunk of time and money, so I am saving those for last.

I'm running a Buell headlight under what remains of the factory fairings. The exhaust is an 03 header with a 10 in SuperTrapp unit (nowhere near as loud as you might think it would be). The bar kit is from LSL. It was pricey, but considering it came with the longer clutch cable and the braided lines for the front, it was worth it. My next steps are to go to bar end mirrors, installed turn signal mirror block off plates, go to an 03 airbox with reversed snorkel, and get a fresh chain and a 15t front sprocket to match the 46t out back. After all of that, I'm getting her sprayed.

·
bombsightcycles
8 Posts
love the dual headlights...gonna do the same to my 2001 R1...want to relocate the ignition switch and use small speedo tach assembly...
love the bars...any new cables needed? forgive me if you've answered these questions somewhere else already...

·
bombsightcycles
8 Posts
nice work...love the headlamps...doing something similar to my 01 R1...want to relocate the ignition switch, use one small chrome speedo/tach assembly...
where'd those bars and lights come from? excuse me if you've already answered these questions elsewhere...I'm a noob here...
ray

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Sorry about the delay bombsightcycles, I did get an extended clutch line the lights and bars are just both ebay items Mate, dominator headlights very common and just a set of renthal 1 1/8th fat bars in a bend I prefer..

Anyway did some picwhoring yesterday.

·
If speed kills quit taking it
1,612 Posts
Sweet looking bike! Quick question - I'm looking for some rear indicators in exactly the style you've got there. Are they E-Bay specials? Got a link to the vendor by any chance? Also - any problems with them flashing faster than normal?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Cheers Guys.

Yamahuh they surely are ebay specials, I love ebay.. they do flash faster but you can just replace the relay for $5 - $20 to slow them down, I've had them flashing fast for 5 years and never even bothered changing them to be honest.

like this one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-FLASHER-RELAY-for-YAMAHA-R1-2000-2011-/181264817681?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a34399e11&vxp=mtr

here are some indicators exactly the same.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-2X-Motorcycle-Turn-Signal-14-LED-Bright-Light-Black-Indicator-Front-Rear-/191082213970?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c7d633252&vxp=mtr

101 - 120 of 123 Posts
About this Discussion
122 Replies
39 Participants
cyclepsycho7
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing