Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
If speed kills quit taking it
1,655 Posts
The bike looks great, but is that the original lower fairing? I thought only the Champions Edition came with a black lower.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The bike looks great, but is that the original lower fairing? I thought only the Champions Edition came with a black lower.
That's what was on it when I got it. I bought it from the 2nd owner he had it since 3500 miles. 15k when i took it. Never been crashed. No signs of it anywhere. Not sure. I like the black personally. Gives contrast.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, it’s a lot better looking and seems to be in better running condition than mine was when I bought it for $3k in 2019. Mine had a crap shorty exhaust that didn’t fit, carbs needed to be sorted (was limping along on 3 cyl…on a good day) and all the usual “bike’s been sitting” symptoms. And more. Luckily, I’m now only $5k into it, total(!), and it’s my favorite commute bike at the moment.
Anyway! Enough about me…Right now used vehicle prices seem to still be rather…high, so if it’s a seller’s market in your neck of the woods as well, maybe ask for what you’d expect to pay for it, plus a bit more? Sure - some purist collectors wouldn’t really be into it but…yours has low mileage, (mine had 19k on it when I bought it) and whoever buys it can put some effort into making it into “their” bike. $5k?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts