Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
R1
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search of the site and I believe that my new to me R1 has the problem. It "skip" under hard load only in second gear. My question, is there part numbers and instructions somewhere to performing this repair myself? I do not want to wait and pay the Dealer for this repair. Thanks in advance..... Domenick

·
7 More Days 'til the '09 Debut
888 Posts
Yeah, there are part number for the individual pieces of the transmission. The good new to go along with that is that only two of the parts should be over $100; the 3rd gear pinion and the drive axle assembly and you don't need either of those. I believe the 2nd gear pinion is ~$22 and the 2nd gear wheel is ~$56.

If you have the service manual you should be fine with instructions.

·
Registered
401 Posts
snapondom said:
I did a search of the site and I believe that my new to me R1 has the problem. It "skip" under hard load only in second gear. My question, is there part numbers and instructions somewhere to performing this repair myself? I do not want to wait and pay the Dealer for this repair. Thanks in advance..... Domenick
There are a couple sites out on the net with step-by-step instructions on this. I thought there was a thread on here at one point. Surely lots of threads with people asking about this same problem. Like one a week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts