Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been researching 2001 champion r1 and what I've found is different spec 2001 r1 150 hp 108 tor while some info says the champion is 133hp and 73 tor? Is this correct?

·
O'Gradys Paint
1,290 Posts
The champion edition was paint/stickers and a badge. 98-01 r1's made between 125 and 130 hp at the wheel stock.

·
Mad Thou Rider
2,742 Posts
the HP difference will be 150 at the crank, and 133 at the wheel.

Its a bit of a gamble reading specs online, because often different sources quote different numbers for the same bike

·
R1, "One Hell of an Addiction"
14,032 Posts
the HP difference will be 150 at the crank, and 133 at the wheel.

Its a bit of a gamble reading specs online, because often different sources quote different numbers for the same bike
No doubt, as long as I've been reading the bike mags whenever a new bike comes out every bike mag will differ in crank and wheel rear numbers. Pick whichever one makes you feel better, you can't feel the difference in 2-5 HP anyway.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great thank you To everybody! One more quick question I looking a a used 2001 champion anything specific I should be aware of when purchasing this bike used other then the obvious ?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just bought my 2nd Champions Edition and they really are no different than any early 4XV (98-99) and 5JJ (00-01) R1. Buy the cleanest, most original one you can find. Avoid the bikes that have lived a tough life. Also recognize that OEM and even aftermarket fairings and takes are very difficult to find in good condition.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
JBGMC
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing