Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2002 Yamaha R1 and am having difficulties starting it. When i turn the ignition on the front headlights do not light up. The taillight lights up but the brake light doesnt when i engage the back brake. I am wondering if i have a blown fuse.

QUESTION: SHould the brakelight and headlights work when the ignition is on?

·
I hate criminals
1,749 Posts
So.. does it turn over at all?

·
dont follow me if ur scared
1,265 Posts
It turns over but the bike won't start. Ultimately, the battery runs dead before the battery starts.

Ok bro
1. The headlight does not come on until the engine is running
2. Sometimes you really have to squeeze to get the brake light to come on try the rear brake and see what you get.
3.Fresh gas pull the tank dump it all make sure to use 91 new or cleaned spark plugs sheck the oil . Then charge your battery if it still fails try a car battery without the engine running dont leave it just long enuff to start it if not let me know .

·
R190-`Tyre Fryer`
2,683 Posts
is the ignition kill switched to the off position? :)

·
I thinked I just scared myself
225 Posts
I have a 02 r1 and for most this might be a stupid statement but I have had carbed bikes before and you would have to give it throttle to start.. This bike is EFI and I can't give it ANY throttle to start.. If I do it will not start at all...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.