Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Looks good with my Duke II
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've look at some post but still wonder. For a 2002, would I be using only the little bolt holding the tank to secure the "pin holder" part? Is this enough considering the massive force involve in a tank slapper? Or looking at the vendor pix do I have to drill two extra holes? Coming from a duke II (and even a 96 750 gixxer and RGV250 before) I feel I really need the damper If you play hard. The clip-ons are worse than the previous generation. It's my first week with it, maybe I need to get use to them or give up and buy Heli's...

Gerard:riding

·
Ride it, don't eat it...
176 Posts
I did a long two day ride on my '02 before installing the Scotts. Two fun filled days of everything: tight twisties, fast sweepers, all out top speed runs(in the middle of no-where, where you can do this stuff) and no serious headshakes. That same ride with the Scotts felt more stable, but did have one small moment hard on the gas in 3rd over a bump on a corner exit. Don't worry about the mount to the frame. Works fine on the '02 setup. The wide stance of pin bracket makes it work great. This is my second Scotts and love it. (First one got sold w/R6, D'oh) Have an Ohlins on my other bike, love that too. Buy one, or the other...

·
Ride till the day I die
548 Posts
Been riding with mine for over a year. :jump :D

Attachments

·
Looks good with my Duke II
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered it yesterday $404 shipped from Hardracing.com (with front and rear galfer lines $115 special). I'll try it this week-end. Thanks for the replies:riding

1 - 6 of 6 Posts