Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
um i dont really know much about bikes just got into it but that seems like a good deal.what do you guys think ima go see it today hopefully.

·
Suicide Kings Racing
2,192 Posts
let me guess

cyclertrader or ebay

·
Until it sleeps
5,432 Posts
Hey dude...thats a 98-01 frame! And from the looks of the rear sets im going for either 00 or 01. It looks like all he did was put 02 bodywork on it. (minus the fork, thats 02-03)

·
Banned
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
=( i was getting excited um i know this is a dumb question but can the miles be rolled back? im still gonna go check it out later just need some input first he only lives a few miles from where i live

·
Suicide Kings Racing
2,192 Posts
rather than rolling the miles back, you can easily buy another speedo for about 100 bucks

if a deal is too good to be true..... you know the rest

my first comment was before you posted the pics by the way,

that IS a 2002 frame though, he just had it chromed

·
Suicide Kings Racing
2,192 Posts
just so no argueing arises, compare for yourself!!

Attachments

·
Until it sleeps
5,432 Posts
Ahh totally made me look like a dumbass...the lines in the frame r totally different, I just woke up and saw the chrome, then the holes in the heal protector. Who wants to give me the bitchslap smiley?

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
6,870 Posts
My bet is SCAM!!! Either that, or it has been a seriously ****ed up bike with a salvage title...

- BA

·
Professional retired guy
2,187 Posts
"um i dont really know much about bikes just got into it..."

My advice is to pass on any R1 and get yourself a begginger's bike so that you can learn to survive out there.

·
Banned
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ronin R1 said:
"um i dont really know much about bikes just got into it..."

My advice is to pass on any R1 and get yourself a begginger's bike so that you can learn to survive out there.
i allready baught a yamaha silverado this just looks like a really good buy.

·
Super Moderator
21,686 Posts
Man, I wouldn't touch that for all the tea in China. I don't like the
smell of that deal. Tires are mismatched for one thing. He's got
the Dunlop 208 in the front and some sort of sport tourer on the
rear. Not that that's a bad sign, but most of us know better than
to do something like that. The whole deal stinks to me. Stay
away from it IMO.

·
Banned
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you guys were right i tryd to call him and the phone number didnt work so i emaild him and this is his reply

"The bike is still available.It has a clean US title.Right now i am in UK but i will pay for shipping taxess.
Just tell me when you will be able to make the payment?Let me know maybe we can arrange something.
Thank you and i will be waiting for your email"

-_-;; guess ill just have to spend more money to get one =).

·
`This town needs an enima!`
234 Posts
Yeah, that's just like those damn scams they try to run on ebay, where you send them a down payment via escrow and they ship the bike to you for free!! :2bitchsla I know they probably sucker a few buyers, but I try to pass the word to everyone with less than average common sense that it's "too good to be true"! :rant Also watch out for buyers from Indonesia. They get hold of credit cards and try to buy stuff over the internet via paypal. By the time paypal catches the fraudulent credit card you may have already shipped out the item......sounds like I'm speakin from experience!! :mad: I was able to get the product back before it was shipped out! Okay nuff rambling on!! Let's ride!! OBTW, did ya see the R6 represent in WSS!! Go Yamaha! :fork

1 - 19 of 19 Posts