Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· All things relative.
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All you 2002 R1 owners can you tell me what you think of your bike? I am putting money down on one this week and I would like to hear some feedback, since the reviews are not out on them yet. Thanks.

· The need for speed.
176 Posts
New to this forum. Wanted to wait until I got my new bike. Had a '97 YZF750R.

Got my Red '02 R1 Monday. LOVE IT!! Great bottom end torque and the FI is perfect. :rock

The weather here in Dallas has been bad lately, snow today, but next week..... look out world!

· Registered
25 Posts
Yeah, gotta admit, the chicks sure think the bike is sexy as hell! I literally had to order a 2nd helmet from kneedraggers.com just to give the ladies rides that they've been beggin' for...

Makes me wish I were single again!!

(OH WAIT! I AM! YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!) :rock

· my R1 eats my M1s
51 Posts
I love my silver 02', my only complaint is that it makes my fingers numb after a short while. oh wait, I've been riding it in 28 degree weather.:D But seriously it's a great bike, although I've had to order a new exhaust can, it rattles, and mine seems a bit buzzy after 5k rpms & digital speedo is 5mph fast @ 70mph, all else is good. :rock

· Premium Member
34,589 Posts
same here! what's better having sex or motorcyles (r1s)?

having sex on an r1. Better use a race stand though, don't need a parked crash!:yesnod

· Do the next right thing
128 Posts
Just picked up my '02 Liquid Silver yesterday and put 80 miles on it. Coming from a '98 YZF600, I was surprised at just how comfortable it is . I was scared that it was going to feel MUCH more severe than the old Ziffer but was pleasantly surprised. Of course there is a little bit more weight on my wrists but since I am a drummer currently working in 3 bands--it's not painful for me. My only gripes,and small one they are, are the increased wind buffeting I get from the smaller screen and the mirrors and bars are a little buzzy. Other than that, the gearbox ids incredibly smooth and the FI is spotless. It's a bitch keeping it below 6000 RPM's I gotta tell you though!!!!!! Good news is that I was in a tuck and in top gear on I-95 last night and it was cruising at 95MPH at 6000 RPM's that ought to be good enough for the ride up to Bike Week in Daytona this weekend. I love this fucking bike!!! Only question is--why did I wait so long to get one???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.