Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I went down on my bike and damaged my Fuel Tank. Looking at the factory retail price, it's about $500+. Looking to replace it, I found a used 2003 R1 tank at a salvage yard for much cheaper, so my question is.
Will a 2003 Fuel tank fit on a 2002? Thanks !

My local dealer couldn't even answer this question, so I thought mabye you guys can help.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright, Thanks Sabian. I just didn't get why my dealership couldn't tell me, so it made me have second thoughts. The only difference between the 02 and 03 Factory part number is the last digit. Which is the Rev, I think. But Cool, I'd rather spend $100 on a perfect used gas tank any day over having to buy a new one. Thanks again.

· Booya
34,924 Posts
Alright, Thanks Sabian. I just didn't get why my dealership couldn't tell me, so it made me have second thoughts. The only difference between the 02 and 03 Factory part number is the last digit. Which is the Rev, I think. But Cool, I'd rather spend $100 on a perfect used gas tank any day over having to buy a new one. Thanks again.
THey may have changed a fitting or something on it...but it's the exact same bike. The reason why your dealer didn't know is because most times those guys are just morons.

Hell, look at the guy named Captain Squid...he works for one (kinda)...once you know him, you'll fully understand.

Enjoy the ride man.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.